Author Topic: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm  (Read 55629 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Kitts Green, Lea Village and Glebe Farm
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:46 PM »
Townie, New that island well.Just down the hill from the Glebe pub.Havent seen that island since 88-89 O0
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

townie

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2019, 10:52:37 AM »

Ed This one says Coronation day June 2nd 1953 but there don't seen to be many people around.

Do you know the name of the road?

Photo courtesy of  Stan Frost.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2019, 07:47:18 PM »
Townie,I was 13 at the time not really interested in girls,and from what I can remember it rained most of the day.Havent really got clue were it might be they are running

Tonks and Corrall family

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2019, 09:56:51 PM »
Hi folks, I am new to this site, have lived in Glebe Farm for 30 years, grew up by the Toby Jug Castle Bromwich, both my Parents came from the Glebe and just wondered if anyone recalls them?
Dad's family lived in Stud Lane.....Geoff, Sylvia, Marjie and Brenda TONKS
Mom's family lived in South Roundhay, Nell and Vic, my grandparents and Tony, Colin, Johnny, Pauline and Jean CORRALL.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2019, 11:34:39 PM »
Hi Tonks & family Moved to Easthope Rd Glebe Farm in 49.Knew a few people in Nth & Sth Roundhay .Played football for a team called Hayden Rngs from Sth Rounday in the late50s.Did you know the Hughes !Ironmongers the Randles.all mates

Tonks and Corrall family

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2019, 01:28:52 PM »
Hi Edmund, none of those names sound familiar, as Mom and Dad moved out to Castle Bromwich, the only times i visited the Glebe was when we went to Doctor Sharma's surgery or to see my Nan Tonks in Kirkham Grove bungalows.

Sidecarsid

« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2019, 07:24:36 AM »
As soon as I saw the surname Musson, I wondered if a girl I knew of called Hillary Musson, could possibly be a relative?

Kat

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2019, 01:39:20 PM »
Hello. I moved to lapley grove in 1981 I was seven at the time. I moved into a maisonette and across the grove were a low level block of flats. Does Lapley grove still exist? I cannot find it on google maps. I remember playing fields at the back of the grove and going shopping in the village. I went to Ridpool school. I was only in lea village about a year and then moved to Bordesley green. I remember some of the kids but non of the surnames. I am scrolling through the forums hoping to make a connection. ::)

townie

« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2019, 07:26:56 PM »
Hi Kat. You must remember families as the Collin's, Bagshaw's, Sales? Do you also remember Brian who had learning difficulties who lived at the top of Lea Ford road always stood at on the corner.   
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

WolfbUp

Kitts Green Lea Village and Glebe Farm
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »
I was wondering about Rob form, I tried Gator, but had trouble with it, so was just wondering how this worked?
Thanks for your help.
Donna

Sidecarsid

« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
Hi Townie.
I knew Geoff Sale he had an older brother who I think was called Bob. Unfortunately Geoff committed suicide in his mid- late teens, that was over a girl who ditched him, she lived in Gerardsfield road off the East Meadway in Tile Cross.
His brother Bob was ex army and had the reputation of being a real hardcase. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy