Author Topic: children exhibition 1960s Dr Who Darlek & Lion Cubs from 'Born Free'  (Read 2499 times)

Bren

Re: children exhibition 1960s Dr Who Darlek & Lion Cubs from 'Born Free'
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 09:36:21 PM »
My Grandma took me to Lewis's to see the Daleks in 1965. Had something to do with the first Dr Who movie release. Loved it!

Scipio

Re: children exhibition 1960s Dr Who Darlek & Lion Cubs from 'Born Free'
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 10:04:14 PM »
Can anyone remember An exhibition aimed at kids in the mid 1960s, I have memories of this event which I'm sure was in B'ham. Also

remember sitting holding a lion cub which was from or connected with the film' born free'.

Also a Darlek being there... that's all I can remember......anyone else have memories ???

Ta :)  Donapr

It was on a Bingley Hall Broad St, I went to it a couple of years on the trot it was Boys and Girls Exhibition , it was early 60's as I left secondary school in 1964. They had everything on sale that would interest kids , the things I remember were the man holding a piece of cloth with a magic ball moving supposedly on it's own . Another item was the pantagraph an aid to copy pictures/drawings you could
reproduce normal size or by changing the format of the pantagraph and do enlargements they also had animals on display . I remember
looking at a very smug looking fruit bat with apple still visible in it's jowels
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy