Author Topic: k-tell or embassy  (Read 3123 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
k-tell or embassy
« on: July 29, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »
k-tell and embassy records anybody remember them at the time records was about three shillings(15p) but you could get sound alike records from k-tell or embassy for one shilling and six pence woolys was the place to get them when your wage was just  two pound and ten shillings a week 3 bob was a lot of money did any one else buy them and did you have a dan set to play them on
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

frederick

Re: k-tell or embassy
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 06:46:26 PM »
i had a danset record player i was into the beatles on the proper record's sorry roy not guilty   :angel:
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

mazbeth

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 01:01:09 AM »
k-tell and embassy records anybody remember them
I remember K-Tel in the early 70's.
My first L.P. then was a K-Tel compilation bought for about 50p from W.H. Smith's in Erdington.
It had
In A Broken Dream by Python Lee Jackson on
My Man Is A Sweet Man Millie somebody
Gonna Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse - Jimmy Helms
and others
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Graham

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 11:02:08 AM »
I still have many K-tel records in my vast collection of records. In the early days I had a Belgian café with a Wurlitzer Juke Box, later (70's) had a 'disco' and was a radio DJ. I still have every record from that Juke Box, from the disco and from the radio stations, thousands of them! HELP CURE ME!

PS, I have just this week, for the first time in my life, put a record up for sale on eBay! But with a starting price of nearly £200 I don't think i'll find a nut to help me get rid of this one record!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 11:35:30 AM »
Embassy records, weren't they a Woolworth brand. I think I may have bought one once. I think it was a cover version of "Tell Laura I love her". After playing it I found out why it was half the price of the original.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

john2000

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »
God... I remember that song, ( the girls would swoon over it,)  and then there's three coins in a fountain, another one, I heard so many times, it would drive me up the wall, .... but by todays standards, it did'nt repeat it self over and over,  >:(
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »
John,

I suppose you would prefer "the leader of the pack" by the Shangri-La's.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy