Author Topic: Does anyone remember the B.S.A Golden hillock rd  (Read 29388 times)

byrds0

Re: Does anyone remember the B.S.A Golden hillock rd
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:09 PM »
i remember it well I lived in Sampson Road until 1967 and many people who lived in the area worked at the BSA. The BSA was actually in Armoury Road , just off the top of Golden Hillock Road, 1st left after Small Heath railway station. If i remember right it was divided into 3 buildings which all looked the same and it had a terrific sports area down the hill on Golden Hillock Road. When i wad a lad i remember going ere at least twice to see the showbiz XI play old professional players from Birmingham and WBA ? I think they also had factories that ran all along Montgomery Street.

Gee Gee

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »
Hello byrds0,
                      I also lived in Sampson Road,but left to join the Army in 1958.I doubt if our paths ever crossed, as I did'ent know of anyone who worked at the BSA. I left school the summer of 1955 and started work at the Rover Cars,Tyseley.Played most of my football in Farm Park. O0

byrds0

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »
Hi Geegee / mr edinborough who had a son called John worked there . Helived in the house right opposite Theresa road. I' m trying to think of some other names. My brother Tom is 10years older than me and prob closer to your age. We lived at 33.

Gee Gee

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 05:32:58 PM »
Hi byrds0,
                Gotgha!,so pleased to meet up with you like this.I knew your family really well.Tom and I were very good friends,how is he keeping.? Knew your sisters Jean and Pat. Tom and I worked at the Rover Cars together.

planetmalc

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:27 PM »
My name is Roy Gameson 07831293126

Roy, did you have any relatives living in Cobham Road, Bordesley Green?
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

byrds0

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »
Great, Tom is really well thanks and lives in Hall Green. He married on 1966 ? And has 2 daughters as well as 1 adopted step/daughter. I haven't seen jean for years but pat lives in Chesterfield after marrying a sailor in the late sixties and she has a son and daughter. I'm John and a lot younger than them. We're the. Billinghams who are you ?

John

Gee Gee

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
Hi,John,
               I have sent you a (PM) O0

Roy gameson

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »
Yes , my mom and dad me and 3 sisters aunties/uncles and grandparents all lived on cobham rd, my dad also named Roy Gameson worked at the BSA for 46 years he was a frame builder.

planetmalc

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »
Yes , my mom and dad me and 3 sisters aunties/uncles and grandparents all lived on cobham rd, my dad also named Roy Gameson worked at the BSA for 46 years he was a frame builder.

Fascinating.   At Somerville Road junior school I was a classmate of Linda Gameson.    I guess she's one of your sisters, along with Christine who I contacted online a while ago.    I also made contact with another classmate, David Wedge, who was one of your Cobham Road neighbours.    It's a small world! O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Roy gameson

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2013, 09:02:22 PM »

Fascinating.   At Somerville Road junior school I was a classmate of Linda Gameson.    I guess she's one of your sisters, along with Christine who I contacted online a while ago.    I also made contact with another classmate, David Wedge, who was one of your Cobham Road neighbours.    It's a small world! O0
linda is my cousin and christine is my sister.. christine also worked at the BSA

speedy

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:12 PM »
Hi again winnymag what section did you work in. speedy
Hi i used to work at the end of N section above us was the frame section sorry cant remember all the names now. but like you i would have stayed there but for the changes they kept making. i finnished in 1993 at the ripe old age od 53 where i finnished up in the tool room with allan rowley and a few more guys who came with hi- ton goup. speedy

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy