Author Topic: Does anyone remember the B.S.A Golden hillock rd  (Read 29323 times)

winnymag

Does anyone remember the B.S.A Golden hillock rd
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »
I worked there from 1968 until it closed in 1971 then reopend as N.V.T until finally closing in 1975. I rememer the march we had from the factory to transport house on Broad st five ways, The march was in protest of the closure of the motorcycle industry in this country. I was one of the motorcyclists leading the march, I have applied to the Birmingham Mail and also television companies for photographs but to na avail, does anyone know where I might obtain the photographs from? Does anyone have any fond memories of the B.S.A? I think I would have stayed at the B.S.A until my retirement, they were the best years of my working life.

winnymag

cocacolakid

Re: Does anyone remember the B.S.A Golden hillock rd
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »
I worked there from 1968 until it closed in 1971 then reopend as N.V.T until finally closing in 1975. I rememer the march we had from the factory to transport house on Broad st five ways, The march was in protest of the closure of the motorcycle industry in this country. I was one of the motorcyclists leading the march, I have applied to the Birmingham Mail and also television companies for photographs but to na avail, does anyone know where I might obtain the photographs from? Does anyone have any fond memories of the B.S.A? I think I would have stayed at the B.S.A until my retirement, they were the best years of my working life.

winnymag

BSA Bike Testers at the gates of the works... Plus other pics, CLICK to view.

Hope this is not coppyright.  If any doubts, Phil or Roy, please delete.                       Malc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g1ulz/1428631520/in/set-72157622597337102/

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
cocacolakid

If it is on Flicker then it most likely is, but as you have not posted a copy of the photo and only a link there is no copyright contravention. If the owner of the photo didn't want us to see it he wouldn't have posted it to the web
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »
cocacolakid

If it is on Flicker then it most likely is, but as you have not posted a copy of the photo and only a link there is no copyright contravention. If the owner of the photo didn't want us to see it he wouldn't have posted it to the web
Cheers Phil, just didn't want to cause any problem.    Hope winnymag likes it...        O0                      Malc.

speedy

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 10:27:05 PM »

winnymag Hi winnymag i too remember the Bsa with fond memories and i too was on that march not that it did us much good. speedy

winnymag

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 11:07:08 AM »
Thank's cocacola, Pete Moss was my boss in the finishing dep't, sadly I've heard he's passed on now.
The photo is much appreciated.

winnymag

cocacolakid

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »
Thank's cocacola, Pete Moss was my boss in the finishing dep't, sadly I've heard he's passed on now.
The photo is much appreciated.

winnymag

Hi winnymag...

Glad the picture that includes your old boss has given you some pleasure.   O0

Did you notice that there are more BSA pictures to click on, just above the top r/h corner of the picture you mention??
                                                                       Malc.

winnymag

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »
Hi cocacola, Yes thanks viewed them all, although all before my time there, 1954 when the photgraph was taken I was only 10 lol but nice to have seen a face I do remember.
     Speedy do you remember the three biker's on the march I was the one in the middle, I also went to the labour government conference to try and stop the closure and yes you are right all our efforts fell on deaf ears.

winnymag

speedy

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 08:16:41 PM »
Hi cocacola, Yes thanks viewed them all, although all before my time there, 1954 when the photgraph was taken I was only 10 lol but nice to have seen a face I do remember.
     Speedy do you remember the three biker's on the march I was the one in the middle, I also went to the labour government conference to try and stop the closure and yes you are right all our efforts fell on deaf ears.

winnymag
Hi mate yep i remember that day well and if i remember we also went on strike and that didn't do any good either. did you not move to Montgomary st when the BSA closed in Golden hillock rd. i was one of the lucky ones i kept my job as a tool and cutter grinder. speedy

winnymag

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 01:47:05 PM »
Hi Speedy, After I was made redundent I was on rock n roll for two weeks then started Land Rover Solihul, working on the last of the P.6, the S.D.1 had been going for about six month's.
winnymag

walt00

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »
Remembering the B.S.A. when i left school in 1960 my 1st job was at B.S,A.Tools in Montgomery Street.Tap and Die section under foreman Harold Jackson. I lasted around a year. I then moved into Demolition and was one of the crew that Demolished the Golden Hillock site which took over 2 years. With J.J.Gallagher with whom i worked for 25 Years until being made redundant in 1994 when J.J. died.
walt00.
W.H,Prottey

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy