Author Topic: EURO 2012 FINALS  (Read 14029 times)

blueblizzard

EURO 2012 FINALS
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »
Thought I would start a thread as we are only a week away from the big kick off.

With club loyalties laid to one side what do people on the forum think will happen over the coming weeks,,,will England struggle to score as many pundits have forecast and crash out in the group stage?,,will Ireland get out of the group of death? and will the wall of racism thats been much talked about in the press actually happen,,,,,,,any thoughts,,, O0 

group tables,,,,,,, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/european-championship/2012/groups-schedule

Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: EURO 2012 FINALS
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
its an odd game football you never know how its going to go might do well might get a shock i hope we do well  and Roy can get them to work and pull together its about time that we had something good to shout about
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

pickard.r

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
I,m showing  more interest in the competition now that postman Pat has gone and an Englishman is in charge,  I also think (due to the lower expectations of the media)  that we could go all the way to the Final.
 I was fairly happy at first with the squad Roy picked but on reflection would have been happier with a younger/hungrier selection, circumstance forced Roy to leave out Ferdinand but Terry, Lampard & Downing would not have been my first choice either.
As for the possibility of crowd trouble all I can guarantee is that whatever happens or whoever starts it the England fans will get the blame :(

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »
bobby
As for the possibility of crowd trouble all I can guarantee is that whatever happens or whoever starts it the England fans will get the blame
nothing new there O0
i think Roy has just got to feel his feet on this one he will see how it goes and make changes if needs be but time will tell iv got me bet on them going all the way I'm an optimist O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

sky1

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 05:29:01 PM »
i think they shoulda included 2 other players...Adam Johnson and Micah Richards

and i reckon France will top the group with England winning one drawing one and losing one in the group stages, and if we get thro
then i reckon we will play either Spain or Italy in the next round so we'll prob be out anyway  :-\

i think Holland or Germany will win  :(

blueblizzard

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
Well thats the friendly games out of the way so it's France up next,,,hopefully if Hodgson  starts with Welbeck and Defoe up front the pace may be too much for them and we can kick off the competition with a nice win :)

Agree with you sky regarding Richards,, also the loss of Lampard and Wilshire will be felt,,that said I can't remember when England have entered a tournament with so little expectation to do well, so who knows maybe this time we can actually overachieve.

Cheers Bluey O0   

pickard.r

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 09:47:18 AM »
Johnson & Richards would have been my first choice ahead of Lamps & co; but with the injury sustained by Cahill last night (disgusting push in the back >:( ) Richards just might get the nod if the scans show a jaw fracture....

Bobby.

blueblizzard

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »
More injury problems for England then,,Gary Cahill is now out of the Euros with the conformation of a broken jaw sustained in yesterdays game,his relacement is Martin Kelly of liverpool ???

Unfortunately players like Micah richards and Michael Carrick both refused to go on the standby list so effectively ruled themselves out of contention once not selected in the main squad,,,,I wonder if their regretting that decision now.

Cheers Bluey O0   

pickard.r

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »

Unfortunately players like Micah richards and Michael Carrick both refused to go on the standby list

Didn't know about that, how can any player say no for the chance to play for their country :o ...My mate at work is a Liverpool fan & says Kelly won,t let us down O0 .

Bobby

wakadowakado

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 11:58:16 AM »
As a regular viewer of Premiership football - I, along with others believe it to be the highest standard
of excellence on the planet. Now when you compare the average England XI with the top premiership
sides, our level drops somewhat and we expect the National side to be better than it is. This is
why I think the team will do fairly well but not win the competition

Spud

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 01:11:41 PM »
Must admit the ommissions of Rio and Micah Richards are a bit of a mystery but lets hope that Roy Hodgson knows what he is doing. Anyway its jubilee year lets get behind the team and putting one over those Krauts, Frogs and the like would be great .
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy