Author Topic: Barwell Terrace, Barwell Road Small Heath  (Read 10976 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Barwell Terrace, Barwell Road Small Heath
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »
PM

The Gondola Café on Coventry Rd, sometime in the early 60's I would guess.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 04:12:24 PM »
PM

The Gondola Café on Coventry Rd, sometime in the early 60's I would guess.

Cheers, Phil   -   that was my second home! ;D
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Nannygoat

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2016, 05:33:53 PM »
hello.

Might be.Val was fair and born in 1945.He was in a rock group called the Vipers,played guitar and into painting.Quiet lad.

Denis.

Nannygoat

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »
Hello,

Having trouble sending emails at momment.Sent two to you,one with photo,says gone but remain in out box.Problem my end.No emails going anywhere!Sorry,will keep trying.

Denis.

monkeyman

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 06:47:21 PM »
Ok.  Thankyou

Naven

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
Hi looking for lost relatives. Anyone with news on the 'Sleet' family. James and Phyllis Sleet and their son Terence lived at 27 Barwell Road small heath in 1950's - 1970's I know James was a barman in his youth and I think Terence was a lorry driver. any help would be gratefully received.

Silvercat

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 03:59:12 PM »
Hello - sorry, bit late to this conversation!  I lived at 51 Barwell Road from 1960 to 1969, family name of Brooke - anyone remember them?  Our house is still there, one of the few still standing.  I have so many memories from growing up there, despite the fact that I lived there for less time than I have in any of the other places I have lived since!

There was a young lad around my age who lived over the road to us, and he gave me measles  His name was Jeffrey except I couldn't pronounce that, so used to call him Reffrey.  My best friend lived round the corner, her name was Carol Collins and I would love to find her again - we used to spend hours playing with our Sindy dolls together.  I also had a boyfriend called Terry who lived (I think) in Sarah Street.  He had a twin sister, but they moved away from the area before we did and I was heartbroken!  He used to buy me sweets and plastic rings from the shop nearby.

I went to Ada Road Primary school, and then St Andrews Junior, before leaving there in 1969 as my little brother suffered from asthma and the doctor advised us to move to somewhere more open and green.  We moved to Chelmsley Wood, to a HUGE 3 bedroomed council house, and then 2 years later the government decided to build the M6 which ran directly over the road from our new house!  My poor brother.  He did thrive though, and finally grew out of his asthma.

I hope I haven't left it too late to continue this topic!

bbf468

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2020, 11:59:44 AM »
Hi all, just found this forum and brought back loads of child hood memories. The picture showing the opposite corner two the Acorn shows a row of shops, first shop is a green grocers and second shop is my Nan's sweet shop. Does any one remember it or know of any other pictures online ? - Thanks David (I stayed there in the late 60's - early 70's before it was purchased, along with the rest of the row by the council)

Philomena

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 09:19:00 PM »
I lived in Barwell Terrace from 1970 to 1976 very good memories

Philomena

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 09:20:48 PM »
I remember the sweet shop I used to get a 1/4 of Cali

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy