Author Topic: Belmont Row Ashted  (Read 26213 times)

Whitty

Re: Belmont Row Ashted
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »
Tom Waters had a made to measure tailoring shop
Beautifully made suits
also Stans then Jubys cafe was on the corner
This was in 1959
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

Cliff666

« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2019, 06:59:08 PM »
Yes my grandmother lived at back of tailors at  95 Belmont Row... her  living room door went into there shop , it was unlocked for some reason one night and my sister and myself found our selves in there      Lol

Burd

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2020, 09:26:47 PM »
Hi First time I have found this Forum. I was born in 1950 in Belmont Row at No.66. My Grandmother lived there from around 1916 & then my mother lived there. Her maiden name was Keye. We were cleared out in 1959 with the slum clearance. I remember the Horton & the Humpage family. The Burden Family lived next to us and I used to play with Peter. They lived in the last house before the waste ground. I can also remember the Preece family who I think were related to the Hortons. Obviously I attended Windsor Sreet school from 1955. I actually suffered a serious accident to my hand in 1959 on the other waste ground by Pitt Street, if anyone remembers that.
I need to rack my brain a bit more now & also spend a bit more time reading these threads.

Dave, if you pick this up could you please get in touch? Peter is my dad & he’d love to meet up if there’s a chance. Thanks

Burd

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2020, 11:34:41 PM »
we lived at number 71 belmont row and i was born in 1950, i can remember at the end of our block of houses was a bit of wasteland where we used to go play...there were two boys ( not brothers ) that used to play with us there one was Peter and the other David does anyone remember them

[size=0px]Dawn, if you pick this up could you please get in touch? Peter is my dad & he’d love to meet up if there’s a chance. Thanks[/size]