Author Topic: Belmont Row Ashted  (Read 37800 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Belmont Row Ashted
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
The 1903 Edition of the Kelly's directory puts a William Jakeway lamp dealer at 50 Belmont Row at that time, No 50 was quite close to St Peters Mission Church of which there is a photo earlier on this thread. I've no doubt that Mike will be able to come up with a map and be able to highlight the house for you. What sort of date are we talking about?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

HUMPAGE-FRANCIS

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
So greatful to you people!
Mom was registered at 50 Belmont Row 29th June 1909.

mikejee

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
The 1910 Kellys, which was probably compiled second half 1909 or first few months 1910 lists William Corrall, newsagent at no 50. The position id marked in red on the map below

page

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »
Hi Humpage Francis my dads name was Roland Thomas, moms Gladys Irene, maiden name Broadhurst Dad came from Erskine st do not know where mom came from. My eldest brother was Roland my name Daniel sisters names Dawn, dads brothers Benny and Joe plus sisters 3 i think moms brothers Fred and Jack if there is any think that i have missed you can get me on  [email protected]

page

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
Hi Whittington we must be related my elder brother was name Roland, my cousin name is Terry elder brother Len lives in Spain, Have not seen Terry from since we left school but we have phoned each other, we played in the back yard of Terrys house a lot of the time my other mate was Gary Lynch

WHITTINGTON

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
Hi, Page,
Are you Danny? Your father was my grandmother's(Lizzie) brother. I met Rolly(your father) a few times as a kid. I also knew Joe, Benny, Doris and Ron, and, May and Reg. I have photos of your parent's wedding, your Humpage grandparents and Gt Grandparents etc. In fact, I have so many photos going way back of the 'Humpages'. Nearly 40 years ago, I copied our Granny Humpage's(maiden name,Horton) photo album(Aunt May had it then). Should you PM me with your email, then I will forward all with an explanation.
Also, the 'Family History' of the 'Humpages' and 'Hortons' were researched over 30 yrs ago, and further information has been added in recent years.
By the way, I spent the first five years of my life at 36 Erskine St, I also knew Gary Lynch and his mother, Molly. Terry is back in England now after living for many years in South Africa. Len is still in Spain, but is over here often.
Best wishes, Tony

WHITTINGTON

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
So sorry Danny,
I did not read your penultimate post. However, I did know who you were from your very first post. I now have your email address and will contact in the next few days.
Best wishes, Tony

michael duffy

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »
has any one got pictures of howe st

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »
Hi Michael

Welcome to the forum, have we spoken before somewhere else? The best I can do with Howe Street is the top and the bottom of it, It's junction with Curzon St ans at the other it's junction with AB Row.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

pudding

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 11:25:28 AM »
Hi Michael.

here is a photo of Howe street with the junction of Gopsal street the cul de sac end, the Curzon street railway goods yard is in the background.
I am not sure what the tall building is?

pud
Where there is a will there is a way

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
Pudding

Great photo, one I have never seen before. Needless to say I have pinched a copy for my collection. From the position and style of the building I would think it is the old Midland Brewery on Novia Scotia Street that was later owned by Holders Brewery
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy