Author Topic: Belmont Row Ashted  (Read 37813 times)

page

Re: Belmont Row Ashted
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 12:43:34 AM »
hi whittington its all unfolding now its a bit hard to take in, have told my sister Dawn and she has posted we would love to have copies of what u have got, we do not have any photos at all i do remember a wedding photo of mom dad but that is all.   A few years ago i was doing a video in a church in Ashted and got talking to a man about the church and he knew all about my family, was that you ? could not find him after the service. Am going to try to see Terry in the next few weeks to have a good chat, all the best Tony    Danny

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »
Hi again Dawnie

If you look at this thread you will see that Whittington is the member you need to speak to, there is quite a discussion concerning the terrace you mention Adelaide Terrace and some of the families you name are mentioned.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

WHITTINGTON

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
Hi Dawn,
Your mother, Gladys b1920, was the youngest of seven children born to John Broadhurst and Mary Ann Lee who married 1905, Birmingham. Your father, Rolly b1913, was the third eldest of eight children born to Josiah Humpage and Florence May(known as May) Horton who married Christmas Day 1907 at St Clement's Church, Nechells Park Rd. I have photos of all the Humpages and Hortons.
As I said to your brother, Danny, I will deal with all by email. In honour of the forum, it is better that way. Give me time, so much to send.
Regards, Tony

dawnie

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 11:58:17 PM »
hi whittington i cant thank you enough for the group wedding photo and for the info, i keep looking at it thank so much. :)

does anyone have any info or photos of the factory that was next door to our house in belmont row i think they made the dome shape glass for the lamps they put in the road .

blane

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 05:08:34 PM »
Hi Michael Duffy  -  I used to hang around Howe St. in the late 1950's,school friends used to live there.We all went to Loxton St.I had a friend called Micky Duffy who lived in Howe St. are you him ?.He lived at the bottom end of the street,on the lefthand side.I have got in touch with other ex-residents who lived there and went to Loxton  St.,we meet up at the Nechells Community Centre ,every first Monday of the month.

Tinabeard

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »
Hi,  I wonder if anyone remembers the general store on Belmont Row in the 1940's.   It was owned by my great grandparents.  Their surname was Yeomans.   It was right by the post box (which is still there).   There was a butchers either next door or close by called H Haines.   I would love to find a photograph of the shop.   
Tina. 

dawnie

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 10:29:01 PM »
we lived at number 71 belmont row and i was born in 1950, i can remember at the end of our block of houses was a bit of wasteland where we used to go play...there were two boys ( not brothers ) that used to play with us there one was Peter and the other David does anyone remember them

dawnie

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »
is there anyone who can name anyone that lived in belmont row in the early 50s, there were loads of houses at the back of ours i can only remember two families they were the Wharehams and Fletchers...and has anyone got any school pikkis from windsor st junior and infant school from that time i have searched for some but with no luck

dawnie

Re: paget road school early 60s
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 10:20:35 PM »
did anyone attend paget rd senior school in the early 60s, the headmistress was miss Garvey and she allways dressed in purple with purple  beads and purple hair rinse , and had the cheek to have a go at me because mine was dyed dark red ...my brother would often drop me off at school on his motorbike...that did nt go down too well either .

DaveB

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »
Hi First time I have found this Forum. I was born in 1950 in Belmont Row at No.66. My Grandmother lived there from around 1916 & then my mother lived there. Her maiden name was Keye. We were cleared out in 1959 with the slum clearance. I remember the Horton & the Humpage family. The Burden Family lived next to us and I used to play with Peter. They lived in the last house before the waste ground. I can also remember the Preece family who I think were related to the Hortons. Obviously I attended Windsor Sreet school from 1955. I actually suffered a serious accident to my hand in 1959 on the other waste ground by Pitt Street, if anyone remembers that.
I need to rack my brain a bit more now & also spend a bit more time reading these threads.

DaveB

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 09:28:28 PM »
I do remember the Warehams who lived a couple of doors from us, but Fletcher only rings a vague bell. I also recall two sisters called Kimberley who were next door to us, & they kept chickens in a cage in the back yard. There was a family called Jones next to them.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy