Author Topic: Hope Street School  (Read 81880 times)

Anne from Stirchley

Re: Hope Street School
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »
I used to remember this girl as been extremely good looking,and would go into this cafe just so she could serve me.

Stalker!    :P

Gee Gee

« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »
Anne,
        Guilty as charged. :(

Gee Gee

« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »
Do you mean Micky Driscoll, they were a few years older than me, but I remember them well, Davey Kane Mickey Spicer, Albert McCandrews a few of them always hung round together,
[/quote

John, Janey,
                Please excuse me butting in,do not wish to be rude.
Micky driscoll used to work for me. Germany 1986,He is now married with two children ,both boys.

janey

« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
Gee Gee, what a small world, they were a little older than me but I was friends with their sisters, :)

Gee Gee

« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2011, 10:05:13 PM »
janey,
        at the time I knew mick I had no idea that he was from Balsall Heath,He married a girl from Devon-Cornwall area.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2011, 10:08:47 PM »
Phil,
      I just posted for a little humour,but serious at the same time.
I can best describe the position of the café as,At the top of Upper Cox Street,cross over the road on the right and about 100 yards further on,
My sister used to live in UpperCox Street,and I used to work in Hope street, I used to remember this girl as been extremely good looking,and would go into this café just so she could serve me.
Just a little nostalgia, O0

Gee Gee

From the description you give I think we are in Lincoln St, and this might be the café you mean in one of a series of photos MikeJee took whilst Birmingham was being demolished.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

john2000

« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »
janey,
        at the time I knew mick I had no idea that he was from Balsall Heath,He married a girl from Devon-Cornwall area.
Gee Gee, if you only knew, .. if you only knew....J2
He used to live in Clevedon Rd, ( if you look on the map of today, where the bend was by the park you will two trees well he lived some were between )
Bobby Mason lived in Lincon St up an entry he lived in a back house, just past where Tonys cafe was,
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

john2000

« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2011, 10:11:19 PM »

Gee Gee

From the description you give I think we are in Lincoln St, and this might be the café you mean in one of a series of photos MikeJee took whilst Birmingham was being demolished.

Phil
Phil. I think you will find thats Tonys cafe in the middle of Lincon St on the left going up towards Edward Rd,..J2

Gee Gee

« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »
Phil,
     thank you I dont think that building (blue)  is the one,I think when you walked into the cafe the tables and chairs were to your left.as was the counter.

Gee Gee

« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »
John.
       I have a vague idea,

john2000

« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »
Phil,
     thank you I dont think that building (blue)  is the one,I think when you walked into the cafe the tables and chairs were to your left.as was the counter.
Tonys cafe,? as you went in, the tables where on the right, the bar at the other side wall opposite the window,

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy