Author Topic: Hope Street School  (Read 81879 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Hope Street School
« Reply #253 on: March 26, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »
I went to Lea Village school ,but in the early 50s went to Paris ( BOURG -le -Reigne ) with some of the kids from Hope street.Any one remember?
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Peter Mcilvogue

« Reply #254 on: March 26, 2018, 01:08:19 PM »
The three cafes from cox st to hallam st were  The Aroma, Tony's and The Anarkali............. Peter mac

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2018, 02:26:15 PM »
Hi Peter

Welcome to the forum, you missed a couple of cafes there was the Kashmir near the corner of Balsall Heath Road on the other side to the Aroma, then there was the Middle East cafe on the corner of Balflour Street and then the Maltese one on the other side of the road to the Anarkali sorry I don't recall the name of that one as it was one I never used.

By the way if you type the names of these cafes into the search box you will find more posts on them and photos as well.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Larry cowling

« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2018, 08:42:47 PM »
[quote author=danny link=topic hi Danny johnson I’m the Larry cowling friend from hope street school.hope you are ok I have just found your message from 2012 better late then never please get in touch soon all the best Larry .=77.msg255455#msg255455 date=1339007707]
hi  i went to hope street school beetween 1957 to 1967 name is danny johnson wonderd if any one rememers the johnsons . we lived on gooch street can remember all the teachers miss brazier was my class teacher, i think the head was mr benson and his deputy was mr green, my friends at time, tony compton john hanha tony ward. larry cowling  can remember river rea canteen next to it the shops on gooch street the cake shop the bread and butter puddin. will any one who can remember me contact me so we can have a chat.
[/quote]

Peter Mcilvogue

« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2018, 10:19:53 PM »
Ginger. remember the Star pub, on the corner by the hall,? well I used go out with the daughter from there..she went and married some one else, but we kept in contact for years, 40 odd ....sadly she died last year...J2
  I remember the Star pub Kench's chip shop  the Belgrave restaurant next to the Cut

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2019, 08:08:52 PM »
Just received this on the report to moderator facility obviously in error, from rogerodowd@yhoo.

"I was there 1945 to 1955"

Roger, if you want to make a post to the forum, just click on reply above the message that you wish to reply to, this will open a new text box in which you type what you want to post, When finished click on the post button below the box. Then all you have you do is pop in from time to time to see if your post has been replied to.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2019, 11:35:41 PM »
Went to Paris in 1953 with Hope St school to Bourg le Reigne anyone remember
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Sam thompson

« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2019, 08:54:59 PM »
Hi , This is Sams Wife writing this . Sam went to Hope St school from 1954 ( he was Eleven then )until December 1958 .The Thompson Family  had left Ireland and moved to Balsall  Heath Rd  .We were wondering if any body remembers him or has any Class Photos as he does not have any Photos of himself  until he is Sixteen .He says Mr Barlow was the Headteacher while he was there .He remembers Eddie Lowe and Christopher Wren were  Two of his Classmates .His Younger Brother Gerald was also there but he was Three years Younger.The Grandchildren would love to see a photo of him when he was young ,so would I.  Thank You from Sams Wife a Brumie .

Gary Richard Lloyd

« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2020, 12:43:09 PM »
Hello my name is Gary Lloyd i wonder if any one remembers me my claim 2 fame was being blamed 4 setting fire 2 the school with bobby jameson not guilty :D

Gary Richard Lloyd

« Reply #262 on: May 29, 2020, 10:57:32 PM »
Bobby mason had a brothes named Richard  boby was a decent footballer

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy