Author Topic: Hello - I'm a newbie to the forum!  (Read 17857 times)

sky1

Re: Hello - I'm a newbie to the forum!
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2018, 04:45:45 PM »
Gee Gee is no longer with us.     :(    I used to meet up with him and his wife in Tenerife.

Can't believe it's been so long already fred  :( i still miss him  :(

Longstreetlass

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2018, 02:40:38 PM »

Hello - Another newbie here!

I have been reading all of the messages and am hooked. I lived in Long Street, Sparkbrook, just around the corner from lots of the people on here.  I went to Ladypool Road school, anyone else remember the street or school, which I think is still there?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2018, 04:47:59 PM »

hi longstreetlass

I used to hang around farm road park sunday would all ways find me playing cricket on the patch or down by the sons of rest building
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

frederick

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »
Longstreetlas,
Did you go to the bug hut on Ladypool rd. it was a regular Saturday matany for me.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2018, 12:15:33 PM »
Hi Longstreetlass,

Sorry I haven't answered before, but I have just got back from a few days well deserved rest with my wife. When did you live in Long Street (what years)and what part of the street did you live? I spent a good part of my early life living in Larches Street and some of my fathers family lived there until it was demolished. Then one uncle moved to Spark Street off Long Street and an Aunt moved into one of the maisonettes that were built in the 50's and my grandmother and two other uncles moved into the one next door.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Johny boy

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2018, 11:20:46 PM »
Hi I met my wife working at the knight optical in 1964 we are still together after all these years . A fair few couples got together at that company.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2018, 11:33:02 PM »
Hi Johnny Boy,

Welcome to the forum, are we talking about Knights Optical on Windmill Street near the Horsefair, did you live in that area? I don't know if you have been that way lately but it's changed quite a bit.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy