Author Topic: John Gayle Wembly Hero  (Read 1516 times)

Bari

John Gayle Wembly Hero
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

Had a great talk with John today, his mom and sister still live in Balsall Heath, fond memories of his double at Wembley, Bobby Charlton decribed his two goals as the best ever scored at Wembley. Did any of you bluenoses go to Wembley.
John works with at risk young people coaching and mentoring.
I think therefore I am

blueblizzard

Re: John Gayle Wembly Hero
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:33:42 PM »
Yes Bari,, I was indeed inside Wembley that day in 1991 when John scored the winner with a brilliant overhead kick late in the game.

I remember my dad taping the game for me (VHS in those days) and watching it all over again the next day,,still got the tape somewhere O0 ,,,I think it was Ron Atkinson who said it was one of the best goals ever scored at Wembley but i could be wrong,,,,,happy days O0

Bluey
Don't take life so seriously,,,nobody gets out alive anyway

Bari

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 10:42:37 PM »
Yes Bari,, I was indeed inside Wembley that day in 1991 when John scored the winner with a brilliant overhead kick late in the game.

I remember my dad taping the game for me (VHS in those days) and watching it all over again the next day,,still got the tape somewhere O0 ,,,I think it was Ron Atkinson who said it was one of the best goals ever scored at Wembley but i could be wrong,,,,,happy days O0

Bluey
Hi Bluey, I was there also, I have got the tape as well, I was talking to the big man today it was Bobby Charlton he said it on television.
I think therefore I am

pickard.r

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »
I spent 4 days in London that weekend (my Brother ran a pub in Finchley ::) ) I Saw England v Argentine on the Saturday, (2-2), Blues win on Sunday, (3-2), & stayed on for the American Football on the Bank Holiday Monday.....Perfick O0

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

Bari

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »
I spent 4 days in London that weekend (my Brother ran a pub in Finchley ::) ) I Saw England v Argentine on the Saturday, (2-2), Blues win on Sunday, (3-2), & stayed on for the American Football on the Bank Holiday Monday.....Perfick O0

Bobby
Bobby, lucky so and so!!
I think therefore I am

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy