Author Topic: Does Becks Deserve Olympic Kudos.  (Read 1860 times)

trappinger

Does Becks Deserve Olympic Kudos.
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »
Odd to think of the potential outcry concerning Beckhams Olympic "Role".  What do you think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2171134/London-2012-Olympics-David-Beckham-roles--Sebastian-Coe.html

Farage. The bottler of Newark.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Does Becks Deserve Olympic Kudos.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »
I know nothing about football or sport for that matter, so I am willing to be instructed on this question. What did David Beckham ever do for sport in this country with the exception of earning himself a cart load of money?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

trapio

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »
Phil,

For a few quid more he supported London's Olympic bid - has apparently done nowt  from the goodness of his heart.

trapio
Integrity is non negotiable

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:53:28 PM »
The thing that annoys me more than anything is that he will be looking for a Knighthood soon or rather his wife will, still I suppose they can afford to buy one, Cameron needs a few bob for party funds doesn't he?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

trapio

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »

Phil,

I reckon you can put money on that - he wants to be another Seb Coe, she wants be Lady Muck.

trapio

Spud

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »
I think you are toatally wrong about David Beckham.He does a lot for Charities.And I know from persoanl experience that he is an absolute gentleman
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »
Spud

That may be so, but what is he doing it for the good of the charity or the kudos. We all know that working for charity is the shortest route to honours.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bari

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »
Spud

That may be so, but what is he doing it for the good of the charity or the kudos. We all know that working for charity is the shortest route to honours.
I think there is something rather toe curling watching David Beckham sucking up, bet he will make a fortune out of being "elevated" into the life peerage. Sorry but there is a distinct difference relating to charity work, Beckham can afford to donate charity without a second thought, it is the individual in the street who does not ignore giving what he/she can that deserves recognition.
Begs the question what would he give if he had nothing to give, all celebrities do the charity bit, it is good for their egotistical profiles.
I think therefore I am

trapio

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »

I somehow don't see Beckham, still less his wife, giving his shoes and socks to a homeless person with wet wellies in winter....knowing that he'll have to walk home in the dark.....as he gave his last cash to him for a decent meal ...and has no c/cards or mobile. 

Sorry Spud, I don't think he's made of that stuff these days - maybe once was - but not since he got the third million - now gets over 30 million every year apparently.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy