Author Topic: Dennis Rd School  (Read 14124 times)

cocacolakid

Dennis Rd School
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »

Dennis Rd pupils, 1954  my first year class, in the annexe (wooden hut) Mr Warrens class. I am in the middle of the front row,  with the blonde hair. 
Does anyone recognise anybody in this group??                                 Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

cocacolakid

Re: Dennis Rd School
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:27:54 PM »
This is a photo of Dennis Rd lads at the Douglas Holiday Camp Isle of Man. This is a different year to the one shown elsewhere. Some lads are on both.

You may recognise your mates, or at least, remember some of the faces, can you name any??  I know of some.

Malc.

frederick

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 01:29:52 PM »
Malc,
There are a lot of faces that i recognise but have forgotton the names, i am top row 6th from the left.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

frederick

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »
Malc,
The holiday camp photo that must have been the year before i went, i can see my cousin Graham Webb he went on both trips. you have some differant teachers and some girls by the look of it    ???

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »
this is a bit about graham webb on of englands best and a dennis road lad
Graham Webb was born on 13 January 1944, as the youngest of five children brought up by a war widow in a slum in Birmingham, England. He was given the last rites twice as a child before gaining his health.
He got his first bike when he was eight and soon enjoyed going not only on long rides, but rides of such length that they were beyond him. He began riding from Birmingham to Gloucester and back, just because it was a magical 100-mile (160 km) round trip, and persisted until he could do it without literally falling into a ditch from exhaustion. He succeeded 'non-stop' only on his third attempt. "I just enjoyed doing it," he said. "I enjoyed suffering, I suppose. I still do."[3]

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

frederick

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
This is photo taken the following year.

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »
Fred

One thing for certain, you won't see me on any school photos of school trips at Dennis Rd as I was banned from them. Anyway I don't think they had that many while I was there. I think the farthest from the school was a day trip to the Elan Valley to see the waterworks, reservoirs and dams
Make Love Not War

cocacolakid

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
Malc,
The holiday camp photo that must have been the year before i went, i can see my cousin Graham Webb he went on both trips. you have some differant teachers and some girls by the look of it    ???

Fred.

I am confused, you say the photo I posted must have been the year before you went, however you say on your other reply that you are 6th from left, and indeed you are, so you must have gone both these years??  The picture you posted was the other one I refered to, been on other sites.   By the way, I am the one in the hat  ::)   in the first photo.

The females in the pictures, were teachers wives. We found our own crumpet, well I did, anyway, Still remember her name and address after all these years    O0  She was a pretty blonde girl with a pony tail :smitten:               Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
Elan Valley??    Isle Of Man???    You Balsall Heath kids were spoiled!     All we got in Small Heath was a trip to the bluebell woods at Alvechurch!   :-\
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »
Elan Valley??    Isle Of Man???    You Balsall Heath kids were spoiled!     All we got in Small Heath was a trip to the bluebell woods at Alvechurch!   :-\
Malc.

Those of us that were in the scouts, got to go to summer camp for a fortnight too, in Wales.   O0    I guess it gave our parents a break from us.             Malc.

frederick

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:58 PM »
Malc,
What happend with my first post you posted your second photo as I posted my first, hope this explains that   O0