Author Topic: Dennis Rd School  (Read 22180 times)

cocacolakid

Re: Dennis Rd School
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
Malc,
What happend with my first post you posted your second photo as I posted my first, hope this explains that   O0
Cheers Fred, so do I take it that you are on both the Isle of Man photos?
                                                                                                                                       Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

frederick

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
Malc,
No not on the first one I'm on the one I put on the second visit to the I.O.M bottom left hand row we were all tiddlers then    ;D

It sounds like the I.O.Man trips came to an end   :(  maybe the kids were becoming to unruly or did the camp close down over there    :-\

The only other trips I can remember were to the playing fields, or did we have more trips that we went on and I have forgotton about.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

frederick

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
The chalet that we stayed in at the I.O.Man and a few of the lads, and you will recognise Ron Brotherton.who was the lad with the gun i used to be quite frendly with him but can't remember his name, can you help with that.

cocacolakid

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 08:42:45 PM »
Malc,
No not on the first one I'm on the one I put on the second visit to the I.O.M bottom left hand row we were all tiddlers then    ;D

It sounds like the I.O.Man trips came to an end   :(  maybe the kids were becoming to unruly or did the camp close down over there    :-\

The only other trips I can remember were to the playing fields, or did we have more trips that we went on and I have forgotton about.

Thanks for confirming that, Fred.

I am not sure when the I.O.M  holidays finnished, Fred.  I can tell you that when I went over there in 2003, the area was derelict. If you remember the castle type entrance to the camp via the chair lift, well that entrance was all bricked up, and the chair lift was all over grown, shame to see it like that.  I have a photo somewhere, if I can find it, I will post it on here.   Off the top of my head, I can't recall any other hlidays or day trips from Dennis Rd.  Yes we went to the playing fields for footie or cricket, not quite the same thing, though, Fred.

I recall a number of day trips etc from Mary St, my junior school.
                                                                                                                                              Malc.

frederick

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 08:47:08 PM »
Another photo taken amongst the chalets I.O.M of me this time, i think us kids had a really good time and adventure it was our first trip abroad after going under the new Mersey tunnel to get the boat.

cocacolakid

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »
The chalet that we stayed in at the I.O.Man and a few of the lads, and you will recognise Ron Brotherton.who was the lad with the gun i used to be quite frendly with him but can't remember his name, can you help with that.
Fred.

Sorry, I know Ron, but the others I only know visually, I can't  help you with names for them. They were not in any of my classes, so did not really know them.
                                                                                                                                     Malc.

frederick

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »
Malc,
The trips to the I.O.M were long go when Phil was at the school, he started there as we left for the university of life   :)

frederick

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »
Malc,
Where you in Joey Stokes class as i seem the remember you very well   O0

cocacolakid

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »
Another photo taken amongst the chalets I.O.M of me this time, i think us kids had a really good time and adventure it was our first trip abroad after going under the new Mersey tunnel to get the boat.
[/quote
Can't argue with that,Fred.  This picture is how I remember you from school.
                                                                                                                                              Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »

Malc,
Where you in Joey Stokes class as i seem the remember you very well   O0

Yes Fred, I was, when I was in the 3rd year. We were not in the same class Fred. We used to say hello etc in morning assembly, I think you were in Mr Jones's class, or the other class that was through the doors, half way down the hall. I can't remember the other teachers name.
                                                                                                               Malc.

frederick

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
Malc,
You have a good memory you are right i did spend time in Mr Jones class he was a good maths teacher and i remember him very well   O0  but i also spent time in Mr Stokes's class and he is another teacher i remember well and have respect for   O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy