Author Topic: Dennis Rd School  (Read 22169 times)

frederick

Re: Dennis Rd School
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 04:30:53 PM »
Malc,
Were you in the class when Mr Stokes lined bout 5 lads up at the front of the class because they had been misbehaving walking up and down past them bending his very flexible cane telling them to GET THAT CHEST OUT GET THAT STOMACH IN GET THAT CHIN UP and punched the one he thought was the worst in the stomach he didn't us his cane, everyone in the class went in to fits of laughter    ;D
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

cocacolakid

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 06:41:31 PM »
Malc,
Were you in the class when Mr Stokes lined bout 5 lads up at the front of the class because they had been misbehaving walking up and down past them bending his very flexible cane telling them to GET THAT CHEST OUT GET THAT STOMACH IN GET THAT CHIN UP and punched the one he thought was the worst in the stomach he didn't us his cane, everyone in the class went in to fits of laughter    ;D
Fred.

No, I don't recall anything like that. I would say that action was out of character for Mr Stokes, unless it was a mild punch, done in joking way.
                                                                                                                            Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

frederick

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »
Malc,
It was a clenched fist and a sideways punch with the side of his fist his cane held in his right hand, it would have been towards the end of our time at the school probable the last year, you couldn't have been in the class then if you had had a day off you would have heard about it when you came back    ;D

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
I was never in Mr Stokes class, he taught 4,2 when I was there. I was in Mr Tebbut's class that year. I thought old Bertie Biddle was one of the best teachers in the school. I don't think I ever saw him use the cane or loose his temper.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2013, 05:44:46 PM »
Malc,
It was a clenched fist and a sideways punch with the side of his fist his cane held in his right hand, it would have been towards the end of our time at the school probable the last year, you couldn't have been in the class then if you had had a day off you would have heard about it when you came back    ;D
[/quote

Fred. You are probably right, I may have left. as I have no knowledge of this incident, not that I recall, anyway. I left Dennis Rd when the school broke up for the summer holidays in 1958.

P.S    This is my 500th post on the forum    O0
                                                                                                                             Malc.

planetmalc

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »
p.s this is my 500th post on the forum

500 posts? :o    Congratulations, my son, you've become a MAN! ;D
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 06:11:29 PM »

500 posts? :o    Congratulations, my son, you've become a MAN! ;D

Thanks Malc. I didn't know you cared.  ::)   Got a long way to go to catch up with  some people on the forum.   O0 

Malc.

frederick

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
Malc,
It's good place for metting up with mostly Brummies and having a good old chat and new I find I learn some things to. keep posting   O0

cocacolakid

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 06:23:51 PM »
Malc,
It's good place for metting up with mostly Brummies and having a good old chat and new I find I learn some things to. keep posting   O0

Thanks Fred,    I enjoy the forum. Like you, I learn things, and I am sometimes able to help others with info. It is good fun to make contact with people that you knew as children, many moons ago. I have no thoughts of leaving the forum.   O0

Malc.

frederick

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
    O0

planetmalc

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »
School motto: 'Perservering and Faithful'.

I know this because my dad went there and we still have his school reports from 1912 to 1916.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy