Author Topic: Clifton Road Aston  (Read 3235 times)

LindyB65

Clifton Road Aston
« on: August 16, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »
Does anyone know where i could find photos of Clifton Road Aston,my family lived at number 154 from the early 1920s until 1969 when we had to move because the houses were going to be knocked down to make way for the Aston expressway and new housing estate.

Would be grateful of any help.

Thanks

Lindy

jm012q9719

Re: Clifton Road Aston
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »
hi

do you remember the moss family at 30 Clifton rd, or cashmores

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 03:41:10 PM »
Hi JM

Welcome to you, I think you will find that LindyB65 has not posted on the forum since making her request back in 2007. I suppose there is always the possibility that she might put in an appearance, with that in mind I will post these photos now.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

GismoScrappy

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 11:28:14 PM »
Hi I remember a little of Clifton road . I remember my parents me and my sister lived at 186 ,I remember my mom sending me to the shop across the road ,when ever we bought any thing we had to give our co-op number, I still remember it now  361196. Eadyies, anty eadyies as we used call her. Just a few doors down from us was the outdoor where my dad used to buy a jug of ale and further on was the coal yard..Me and my sister whent to berlington street school . We moved when I was I think 7 .The house number 186 was owned by Ansels brewery where my dad worked , he lost his job so we had to move out . I remember going back there to see if it still stood in the 80s?,the road was split in half . A NACRO training centre ran from one side to the other.

tca

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 02:13:56 PM »
as both my parents passed before I was 5, I stayed with my aunt, uncle and cousin a lot at 166, Goggins

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy