Author Topic: Where did members of DuranDuran live in Brum........  (Read 11971 times)

PETERRC

Where did members of DuranDuran live in Brum........
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:01:27 AM »
before they were famous?

Anybody help me out there Brummies? I am visiting the city at the end of the month and cannot find out specific details of where they lived/brought up . I have traced the areas but can't seem to get any further.

No luck with Central TV or the interweb

Regards,

Peter

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Where did members of DuranDuran live in Brum........
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »
Sorry PETERRC different generation, I asked my grandchildren and gleaned this little bit of information. Nick Rhodes born as Nick Bates was born in Moseley. He later moved to Hollywood and attended Woodrush School. John Taylor lived in Hollywood and attended Abbey High School Redditch.

As you will know these two were the founder members of Duran Duran. Perhaps if you got in touch with the schools they might be able to help.

Phil47
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Langstraat

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 06:41:40 PM »
Although I remember several other Pop stars and celebrities lived in the exclusive areas of Sutton Coldfield i.e Moody Blues, Slade, etc.  I seem to think Solihull featured in their list. I'll make further enquires and come back to this topic.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:03:25 PM »
Okies here is what i know. Nick Rhodes indeed lived in Hollywood [just outside Brum] We think he lived on May Lane but might be corrected.

I know one or more of the Taylor's lived at Addisson Road, Kings Heath.

Hope this helps ;D

PETERRC

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 09:29:13 PM »
Thanks to all 3 of you for the quick replies.

Some of the info I already had - school names/2 of them lived in hollywood - some of it is new. I have actually emailed Woodrush school today!! Not sure if they will respond, might quote the "confidential records I'm afraid we can't disclose" line me thinks.

Langstratt - hopeful you can come up with more info.   Or any other readers of the article!!!

Cheers,

Peter

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 10:27:16 PM »
I know there is some mention of Nick Rhodes at Woodrush School as my daughter now 22 attended there and mentioned it to me one day asking if i had ever heared of the group....like yeah. ;D
Don't expect a quick reply as they are still on summer break for another week or so. Have you thought of emailing Birmingham council for the taylors or Bromsgrove council for Rhodes or Le bon.

Langstraat

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 11:55:03 PM »
Only one reply so far:

"Nick Rhodes family lived in Wythall (Simon Road I think)"
I'll keep checking though for more info.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 04:17:38 PM »
You are correct Lang with Simon Road. It is off May Lane so i was close. :o

Langstraat

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 04:51:33 PM »
Jacky,

I can't take the credit for the info. I enlisted the help of others from another birmingham web site on behalf of Peter

PETERRC

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 08:24:33 PM »
Langstraat,

Can you direct me to the other website where you obtained the info from? I have established that John Taylor lived in Simon Road (there is a delivery invoice for a bass he bought on a DD website) and the fact that Nick Rhodes attended Woodrush school would logically mean he must have lived nearby. I also seem to remember an interview with JT saying that he hooked up with NR "from just around the corner...".

I can't seem to get anywhere with Roger Taylor though, other than the Nechells area may be where he was born. Having said that, NR may have lived in Aubrey Rd, Small Heath before moving to Hollywood.

Thanks for your persistance.

Peter

Jacqueline

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 09:37:59 PM »
Peter, I know for sure that one of the Taylors lived on Addisson Road, Kings Heath [or at least his parents did] when they first found fame. Was you aware of this?

Also did you know that Nick Rhodes got suspended from Woodrush High for turning up with the sides of his hair dyed? He was a bit of a rebel. ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy