Author Topic: Highest point in birmingham  (Read 36855 times)

Jacqueline

Re: Highest point in birmingham
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 10:51:28 PM »
Hubby used to use the high spots to get the best signal from and to his cb radio. He parked late one night on the lickeys car park and was confused when a car parked beside him and the male occupant smiled at him for a while then waited 10 mins and drove away. When i suggested what the guy was after he was mortified. ;D 

planetmalc

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »
Years ago, during the evenings, the north side of Barr Beacon would be covered in cb and ham radio fans all trying to get contacts from faraway places.         
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Paulina

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 06:20:32 PM »
 :) :) Lovely picture.  We used to ride our bikes to the bluebell woods near there I expect. 8)

maggie

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 05:20:10 AM »
Our old house  back in 1957/65 almost next to the Bluebell wood,  not only popular for flowers but other goings on as well and I dont mean walking the dog ;)
do unto others as you would be done by

jaccy

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 10:14:24 PM »
Another is the lay by above frankly/bartley res. Sorry not sure of the road name.
just head up egghill lane you cannot miss it

planetmalc

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
Barr Beacon postal address   Great Barr, more of it in Bham  area  than Walsall, we lived at the foot of it and paid our rates to   Birmingham.............Part of her was in Aldridge and a bit more in Streetly, she is the highest point (?) east of the Russian Urals, surrounded almost by fields ,farms and green belt.One farm raises Donkies

Strictly speaking, I don't think the Lickeys  -  not all of them, anyway  -  are actually in Birmingham, either
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Joewoen

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
A good view of the city,  especially at sunset, , can be seen down Arden  Road, Alum Rock. Well it was in the ' 80's when I got off the number 8 bus to go home.

As has already been mentioned!  on this thread,  the view across Bartley Green Reservoir is fantastic.  My camera isn't good enough to take a decent  picture,  but  if you you Google Images there are some lovely photos there.  Brum looks a real world city.

Further afield, I went up the tower in the church in Warwick,  a great view of the Birmingham skyline could be viewed.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 01:42:39 PM »
Are you all goody goodys, When I went to Barr Beacon back in the 60/70s it was with a young lady to see how far I could go  not how far I could see.  Nice views there ,enjoyable.
BUD

maggie

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
Oh where you one of the lot that left goodies on our front law,   I,ll get back toyou with a litter writ.
do unto others as you would be done by

relisys

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 10:55:43 PM »
wow guys so many replies.  :)  and i actually forgot about this thread. Ok and some really good suggestions to be taken up here. But my next question is. Im looking for a urban view as i am planning on doing a panorama if possible on bonfire night of consumer fireworks if there is any. So what would be a best view on houses much more than just a city?

i would also like to say i live near the ice rink near coventry road. anywhere close would be beneficial.

greenbrummie

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 11:41:24 PM »
Hello relisys , welcome to BF
To get a good view across the South East of Birmingham from Sheldon/Elmdon about 6 /7 miles as far as the city centre try the Hill next to St Nicholas Church in Elmdon ~Park very near to you.   Best when leaves off the trees, so Nov 5th and New Year would be ideal  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy