Author Topic: Selly Oak, and St Marys C of E School  (Read 17272 times)

carol evans

Re: Selly Oak, and St Marys C of E School
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 06:42:28 PM »
I would love to see any photos you may have.

carol evans

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
Susan Titley was at St Marys the same time as I was!!!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 09:55:31 AM »
Hi Sue

I have some old class photos from 1959-1965 but Im not sure its in order to publish pictures of other people .
Whats the general opinion?

Hi Pam S,

Firstly welcome to the forum to you and Carol, I cannot see that posting school photos is against the forum rules. I see loads of school photos on the internet and in books, so I don't think it can be a breach of the data protection act.

So by all means post your school photos, we have always got the fallback of being able to remove any photo that may be objected to.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »
Hi Carol

Sorry it has taken a couple of days to sort out, but this is the best photo of St Mary's school that I can come up with. Sorry it's not a vey good photo and I would imagine it was taken a long time before your time.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

carol evans

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
Ahh, bless you Phil, that's brought a tear to my eye, many happy memories from there + St Marys Church. Thank you for posting this. xxx
 :)

silver

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2017, 05:16:29 AM »
Hi to all, new member still finding my way around. Re St Mary's Schhol - I remember my early years at this school, left in 56. Mr Tunniecliff was the best teacher, I also remember a Miss Jones and Mrs Monk. I have a couple of school photos one of me makes everyone laugh.  I use to live in a back house behind the Selly Oak picture house.  Happy days. :)

silver

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2017, 05:25:39 AM »
Sorry just posted and says quote from Pam. Just got excited that someone else went to St Mary's. 

Clematis

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 02:29:55 PM »
My daughter went there but for only 1 year in 1971 and then to Green Meadow.  She now works at a school in Handsworth and the headmaster that started at the school in Handsworth about 3 years ago had just moved from St Marys.  She was able to take her school report in to show him.

Teresa yates

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 02:35:33 PM »
Hi Suerone I went to st marys in 1951 to 55 it was at corner of Frederick rd and Bristol rd I remember Miss Knock Mrs Lowe mr tunnicliff and at infants miss Monk I lived in Winnie rd x

SBoyd

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 10:13:38 PM »
Hello everyone.  My mother went to St Mary's School Selly Oak from about 1950 to 1955.  We were talking about it yesterday and she said that it was on Lodge Hill Road.  She also went to St Mary's Church which was further up the road.  Is this the photo above of that School?  Thank you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy