Author Topic: red light districts of Brum  (Read 18801 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
red light districts of Brum
« on: September 06, 2012, 07:44:59 PM »
I'd rather have a topic about your personal experiences in the red light districts of Brum Roy - why don't you start one?
being young and not knowing to much about life and moving around the red light districts of b/heath i soon found out about Lady's of the night  i found them to be kind and would always give you a few bob for going to the shops for them  i did not know what they did it meant nothing to me but i found out
I'm sure that lots of kids around at that time did not have much. to have a few bob and to be able to by odds and sods was good
this post was by request of  of a member
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

SENSIBLE

Re: red light districts of Brum
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:17:18 PM »
I wonder who?   8)
Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

SENSIBLE

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
SENSIBLE i put this topic up at your request i hope it fills your need to know about the ladys of the night in b/heath and my young life
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

SENSIBLE

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
SENSIBLE i put this topic up at your request i hope it fills your need to know about the ladys of the night in b/heath and my young life

Juicy Lucy must be over 90 now.  8)

nickcc

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:11 AM »
As a lad of 15 and working for Ryland Garage some of the older mechanics used to take you out on road test around the Varna road area, what an eye opener that was ;)
Nick

Helston Cornwall

frederick

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 10:45:05 AM »
My self and a friend of mine were up town picked up two lovely girls took them back to my empty house, my parents were away at our caravan. we spent some time together   O0   then took them home stopped of for something to eat on the way, payed by them   O0  then we were surprised to find that we were dropping them off were they lived in Varna rd   :o
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

sky1

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
eee! now this is an interesting thread...im quite taken aback by you naughty boys  ;)   :D

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 11:14:32 AM »
When as a youngster I used to hang around the coffee bars in Balsall Heath and there were more than enough of those. Most of these coffee bars were frequented by the business girls of the area, I always found them easy to get on with and they were very generous to the young people who used those places.

I knew most of them by name, and as I have said before, one or two had boyfriends but not many of them had pimps now I'm not saying none on them did, but not many. The other thing I noticed was not many of them were Birmingham girls and most of them came from up north from Leeds and Bradford.

At that time there was very little complaint from the residents of the area about the girls working practises because most of the girls picked up their clients in the coffee bars and went back to their houses with them. It was only later when most of the coffee bars closed and the police drove the girls off the street when places like Cheddar Rd came into their own.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

nickcc

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 03:04:44 PM »
Going back to the early sixties even during the day the girls used to be sat on the front walls outside quite a few of the houses.  One day we were driving past Belgrave road police station when the N/S door of the car in front opened and a girl was pushed out, the car was doing about 20 mph at the time. We stopped and took the girl to the police station where a couple of the uniformed officers asked us to come with them, with the girl, to see if we could ID the driver.  Some of the sites we saw after visiting about a dozen brothels in Varna road could have put you off for life, I say could not did  ;)
Nick

Helston Cornwall

SENSIBLE

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 04:25:12 PM »
I'm not going to comment on this topic any more.   8)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy