Author Topic: Old Joint Stock Theatre - Sept 27th  (Read 1377 times)

Rich Batsford

Old Joint Stock Theatre - Sept 27th
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »
Hello there

Please accept my invitation to my very first full length solo show.

Old Joint Stock Theatre, Temple Row West, B2 5NY - Thu Sept 27th 8pm £5

Now I've got some experience as a solo act I feel its time to have a crack at a show all on my own - I believe I've got enough good material to make it worthwhile, and the Old Joint Stock Theatre is a beautiful little 80 seater theatre, so I hope it will be a very enjoyable evening for all concerned.

I will be performing most of the meditative piano music from my Valentine Court album:

listen or download free at www.richbatsford.com

- as well as a selection of original songs and in honour of the visit by Brian Wilson to Birmingham a couple of days previously, a small selection of tracks from the amazing album Pet Sounds.

Tickets are a fiver only and may sell out due to the smallish venue, so do please buy your tickets in advance, as soon as possible in fact, to avoid too many sleepless nights on my behalf!

You can buy online at http://www.birminghamboxoffice.com/index.asp?style=s&loc=whatson&eventid=321  or if you don't do the online thing, call the Box Office on 0121 200 0946 and reserve your tickets.

It would mean a lot to see you there and with luck the event will be as "utterly spell-binding" (Birmingham Post) as my previous appearance at the same venue.

Rich
Xx

"Each piece brimmed with an inherent sense of poignancy, and there even seemed to be a hint of post-rock in the repeated structures. With most of the material drawn from his album Valentine Court, Batsford created a spectral ambience which made him stand out from other composers. Utterly spell-binding."

Birmingham Post review of my supporting set at Old Joint Stock Theatre earlier this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frederick

Re: Old Joint Stock Theatre - Sept 27th
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 05:19:11 PM »
 hi rich
is the material your own it is very good, i have had ago at writing music for classical guitar and it was not easy. well done you have a nice tranquil sound.

fred
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Rich Batsford

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 12:46:23 PM »
Hi Fred

yeah its all my own work mate - the album of piano music is anyway, some of the songs I sing are Brian Wilson covers - his reflective sort of period - the Pet Sounds album

really glad you like the piano music

anyone else - please do listen and download the whole album if you like it:

www.richbatsford.com

cheers

Rich
Xx

frederick

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:23:46 PM »
 hi rich
if i lived in the birmingham area i would be at the old joint stock theatre to listen  to your solo show, all the best, keep up the good work.   O0

fred
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Rich Batsford

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »
Hi Folks

just a reminder that my concert is coming up tomorrow

please do come along if you can

8pm at the Old Joint Stock Theatre above the Old Joint Stock pub opposite the main door of the Cathedral.

Have a listen to my music at www.richbatsford.com if you want a little preview

many thanks

Rich
Xx

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy