Author Topic: Inkerman Street  (Read 9486 times)

Grandma Buggins

Re: Inkerman Street
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2018, 05:40:12 PM »
Yes, that's the house.  Brian says that he lived next door to the Crossley's  and that he spent many a happy moment :D  sitting on the "arms" of the lampost.   He moved to Shard End when the council bought the house off his Mom and Dad.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2018, 05:49:02 PM »
Does he remember the Wests who lived opposite,and was Pickfords still across the road the little Grocers withMarsdens 2 doors up the Bookies,I bet he never played in the River Rea by the Railway club in the Summer.What great times we had in the 40-50s as kids.Keep well edmund.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »
G B ,have you seen the Vauxhall,Duddeston and Nechells thread you might like that one.

Grandma Buggins

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
Does he remember the Wests who lived opposite,and was Pickfords still across the road the little Grocers withMarsdens 2 doors up the Bookies,I bet he never played in the River Rea by the Railway club in the Summer.What great times we had in the 40-50s as kids.Keep well edmund.

Hi Edmund, just had a lovely phone call from Billy Gunn and a letter with the electoral registrations for Inkerman Street 1954.  By the way, Brian said that he never fancied swimming in the Rea.  Too many dead rats  :)

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2018, 05:08:44 PM »
Wonder if Billy remembers my brother Roy Fifield he had a mate that lived up by Disternalls named Ray Hook.I s Betty Crossly still alive,my cousin Brian Round who lived at 191 always fancied her.Wernt the good times tho.Take care edmund

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy