Author Topic: Druids Heath and The Maypole  (Read 55453 times)

Rebelliousteen75

Re: Druids Heath and The Maypole
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »
All of my siblings  and I (Venables/Spriggs) went to Sir Theodore Pritchett (1965-1986), I have so many good memories of that school.....Miss Profit (might have spelled that wrong), Mrs Halsey, Walsingham, Mrs Cowell, Mr Hicks, Mr Franklin, Mr Williams and of course Mr Reynolds. I think Mr Griffiths (he was a great Headmaster) was the Headmaster for the first few years then Mrs Green took over when Mr Griffiths retired. The prefabricated classrooms were still present in the infants playground for a few years after I joined. We moved into Ebmore Drive in the Autumn of 1978, a brand new 4 bedroom house (half the street wasn't finished). I can remember getting fish and chips from John's chippy, taking it home and eating out of the paper because we hadn't unpacked any plates. My mum used to tell me a story about  the players from Birmingham City opening the butchers....It's been great reading the memories of different people on here.

brummylove

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2017, 01:34:55 PM »
Did sir Theodore first open in 1965? I went then and before it opened I had to go to school on a coach.we used to play a lot of British bulldog in the playground, the other side of the playground the boys used to play football. We had to walk to school from Louise croft wearing a reflected jacket so we could be seen in the dark mornings. ( embarrassing) I remember getting our chips from the chippy wrapped in newspaper , and we used to collect pop bottles and take them back to the shop to get the money back off them

Rebelliousteen75

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »
I'm not sure when it opened, my oldest sister was born in 1960 so I just presumed that she started around 1965. My youngest sister was there until 1990, it was me who left in 1986. Did you ever do 'the cricket ball throw'? One end of the junior playground to the other (towards infant playground)

brummylove

« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2017, 05:56:10 PM »
No I didn't, I was a bit of a wimp. British bull dog was to tough for me,although i did join in. Did u then move onto maypole school?

pickard.r

« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »
Did sir Theodore first open in 1965? I went then and before it opened I had to go to school on a coach.we used to play a lot of British bulldog in the playground, the other side of the playground the boys used to play football. We had to walk to school from Louise croft wearing a reflected jacket so we could be seen in the dark mornings. ( embarrassing) I remember getting our chips from the chippy wrapped in newspaper , and we used to collect pop bottles and take them back to the shop to get the money back off them
the school was known as Bells Lane right up to the 1970's when it was extended and then re named Sir Theodore Pritchett.
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

brummylove

« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »
Can't be right. I started sir Theodore when I was about 5. I was born on 1961. It was called sir Theodore pritchet primary school at that time. When I left to move up to maypole comp, it was still called the same then.

Bellmeadow

« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2017, 10:23:32 AM »
My surname was Fry, what was yours? I was born in 1961 too and we lived at Bellmeadow, Druids Heath

brummylove

« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »
My surname is Waldron. We lived in Louise croft.  :)

Bellmeadow

« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2017, 06:33:37 PM »
Do you remember Karen Nevin?

Bellmeadow

« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2017, 06:36:47 PM »
Or Angela Hill,Mr. Hall? Richard Green,Stella Fry, Karen Green, Richard Green or Sharon Reynolds?

brummylove

« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2017, 07:00:18 PM »
No I'm afraid I don't. I remember Diane Buckley, she lived near the school , and Deborah halford, she lived opposite the flats by the bells lane shops. Any good?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy