Author Topic: Druids Heath and The Maypole  (Read 55469 times)

Samzy6

Re: Druids Heath and The Maypole
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2019, 08:55:43 PM »
Hi I lived in Ebmore Drive too! Your youngest sister Claire was my friend. I can remember u being a rebellious teen lol!! I’d love to get in touch with Claire please tell her Sam said hello 👍🏾

Des Gardner

« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2021, 11:56:31 PM »
I lived on Druids Heath...1970-82

Gwladmab

« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2021, 10:15:05 AM »
I went to Primrose Hill school for a short while early 60’s. There were a few Druids Heath kids transported by coach to Primrose Hill, while school places were being made available nearer to Druids Heath.

I remember at the end of the School day, the Kids from Druids Heath always got away earlier as the coach had arrived.

I can hear the teacher now,  he would say ‘The Druids may  go’. The rest of us had to wait before we could escape  :(

Coastal

« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2021, 11:21:58 AM »
In the early 60s I was at Broadmeadow J&I opposite the Cartland Arms, we lived in Hillmeads Road at the time then moved to Druids Heath (it was nice back then) when I left junior school I went to Brandwood.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Gwladmab

« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2021, 02:17:39 PM »
In the early 60s I was at Broadmeadow J&I opposite the Cartland Arms, we lived in Hillmeads Road at the time then moved to Druids Heath (it was nice back then) when I left junior school I went to Brandwood.
I know the area fairly well Coastal. Druids Heath did start out nice a bit like Primrose Hill and Pool Farm estate. I took my son there about ten years ago, he couldn’t believe that I’d lived in such a place, it was incredible the whole place looked vandalised. The folks that moved in during the 60’s were so proud of their new homes with underfloor central heating. They were well kept. Last time I went past the Cartland, I think it was a mcDonalds...

Did you ever go along the canal or to Lifford Reservoir?

Kazban

« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2022, 10:02:04 PM »
I lived at Druids Heath from 1968-1975 along with my parents, 3 sisters and two brothers.we moved into a brand new house in Easterton Croft. We did move to the other side of the main road into a larger house for the last 18months before moving to Telford.  I went to Bells Lane school ( Sir Theodore Pritchard). I then went on to Maypole Secondary until end of Year 10. (1975). It would be nice to hear from anyone who lived and went to the same schools in those times. Some of the family names I remember from Easterton Croft are Stanford’s, Verneys, and McKenna.  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy