Author Topic: Birminghams Frankfurt market is back  (Read 6240 times)

Robin

Birminghams Frankfurt market is back
« on: November 06, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
It is good to see the return of Birminghams/ Frankfurt Xmas market.
Venue: Victoria Square and New Street
 Date: 15th November – 22 December
 Time: 10am – 9pm

It will brighten up the city centre for the nextfew weeks. :)
I like to make my own mind up but I am another member of the Noddy and Big Ears appreciation society

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Birminghams Franfurt market is back
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »
I'll ask the same question I ask every year, why not an English themed market?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Robin

Re: Birminghams Franfurt market is back
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »
I'll ask the same question I ask every year, why not an English themed market?

I asked that question last year. I think you will find there is a long term contract involved,
Also being german it is different.
I think Solihull may have an English Market? :-[
I like to make my own mind up but I am another member of the Noddy and Big Ears appreciation society

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Birminghams Frankfurt market is back
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
I don't mind it being a themed market, but I think Birmingham traders should be offered stalls before anyone else. I understand that a bit of competition is a good thing. If it were open to all perhaps we would be offered a little more than overpriced lager and German sausage.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Joewoen

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »
I really love the Frankfurt Market, something a little different for Christmas. It must be a real boon to the city centre shops with so many visitors.
I am visiting this year on a coach trip and staying over night. The family are looking forward to a visit to Cadbury World.

robx52

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »
Stayed overnight in town last weekend and visited both the rag and indoor markets. sorry to say both were a big disapointment. cant imagine those stalls bringing much trade to new street.

Robin

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 07:38:33 PM »
In the past I have argued against having a german Market in favour of an English Farmers one.
However I can see the other point of view. Having a german market gives birmingham a tourist boost and it also continues to break down some of the petty barriers put up against the Germans and foreigners genrally. :)

Mogmeister

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
We go every year , love it , its good to have something a bit different , ( and of course i like the beer ) my nephew is over from OZ so will be taking him up there .

Mogmeister

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 07:51:45 PM »
In the past I have argued against having a german Market in favour of an English Farmers one.
However I can see the other point of view. Having a german market gives birmingham a tourist boost and it also continues to break down some of the petty barriers put up against the Germans and foreigners genrally. :)
Although nowhere near the size of the German Market , we have a farmers market in new street , its really quite good , i cant remember whether it is every Wednesday or one Wednesday a month .

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Birmingham's Frankfurt market is back
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »
robx52

There are some really good market traders around the midlands, they are not all crammed into Birmingham Markets. If you like I'll go and set up a stall selling overpriced beer or sausages. I've always found it strange the Birmingham Council has always had a downer on drinking on the streets of the town centre, but yearly they let a group of Germans sell beer outside the council house and the drinkers wander round the streets drinking it.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Robin

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »
Although nowhere near the size of the German Market , we have a farmers market in new street , its really quite good , i cant remember whether it is every Wednesday or one Wednesday a month .

I thik Birmingham is big enough for all sorts of market. :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy