Author Topic: Birminghams Frankfurt market is back  (Read 6238 times)

planetmalc

Re: Birminghams Frankfurt market is back
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
Although nowhere near the size of the German Market , we have a farmers market in new street , its really quite good , i cant remember whether it is every Wednesday or one Wednesday a month .
Yeah, and they sell Ostrich Burgers! O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Mogmeister

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 04:09:03 PM »
Yeah, and they sell Ostrich Burgers! O0
Yeah i have really got to try one  :)

planetmalc

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
Yeah i have really got to try one  :)
I've only had a few, Mog, and every one of them tasted different to the previous one, so I guess the taste-on-the-day is all down to the various spices they use.    They're nothing like the meat burgers from the big boys  -  MacDonalds and Burger King  -  but are more like the ones you'd buy off a stall in the street, and there's no way you'd know it was ostrich meat.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Joewoen

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 08:06:23 PM »
Birmingham's not the only place to host a German Market; Sheffield does it, too.
A lot of British cities copied Birmingham (they were first). But Birminghams is the largest (and best). Largest outside of Germany and Austria as well. I do get annoyed though at Birmingham Council, when there is a newspaper article on Britain's Christmas markets, it is rare to see Birmingham included in the list. Perhaps they do not need the publicity as it is a self generating option. Who knows?

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »
its a two way market its open to the UK to go and sell its stuff to the germans

The festive ‘German           Market’ has become a popular annual event in Birmingham at Christmas,           with literally tens of Brummies getting tanked up on gluhwein – German           mulled wine – instead of their more usual white cider.
How many Brummies realise           that the ‘cultural exchange’ is in fact two-ways? Very few, we’re sure,           but it is. From late November the cream of Birmingham’s street traders           have taken a Bunders-break and set up shop, er, stall in Frankfurt’s Praca-Principal.
The lucky Gerrys           have been treated to ‘mulled’ Brew XI, West Bromwich Albion mobile phone           covers and other Birmingham speciallities. The streets of our           twin town ring out to the cries of “eeeeveeeenin mayol”, while           the Frankfurters have obviously enjoyed the delights of Mick’s Meat Auction           – trying traditional English delicacies, such as pork chops, instead of           the more usual over-spiced sausage

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Joewoen

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »
You are joking of course.  :D

Can you imagine the Germans being impressed by those objects? ;D

Mr Doghead

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »
I don't mind it being a themed market, but I think Birmingham traders should be offered stalls before anyone else.

There is an English themed craft fair which locals could have a stall at. This runs along side the German Market and has been for years

I would have posted a link to the site for it but i am not allowed  >:(

yeoldejad

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »
I'm so excited for this, the frankfurters and the beer is so good, i come back each year just to drink and eat hotdogs  8)

nooneynoo

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »
Was in Birmingham Christmas time about 5 years ago really enjoyed the German market it was full of Germans the English market probally wouldnt be full of English, alot of the nice traditions of christmas come from Germany ie Christmas Tree and silent night.  We are good at pop music they are good at Christmas and manufacturing and other things.  :)

greenbrummie

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »
There is an English themed craft fair which locals could have a stall at. This runs along side the German Market and has been for years

I would have posted a link to the site for it but i am not allowed  >:(

:) O0
The German Market is mainly around Chamberlain Square and end of Colmore Row.   I haven't been this year yet but during the last two years there's been a very good English Market at same time .This is mainly on approach to Broad St where I bought some Christmas presents, mostly Jewellery,handcrafted articles and other Christmassy stuff.   Last year there were also similar stalls down the centre of New Street.  Very jolly.

Joewoen

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »
And there's a Big Wheel this year, so I am told.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy