Author Topic: Old photos of Kings Heath  (Read 189512 times)

Thomas Uncles

Re: Old photos of Kings Heath
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2013, 08:07:09 AM »
Hello Phil, many thanks for your reply. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I've been away for a few days.  If it's ok with you I would like to include the photo in my family history records? I'll have another search round this forum and in other places. Many thanks again.

harris22

« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »
Many years ago they used to hold a show on the dog track,on one of the bank holiday Mondays
Iremember being taken there many years ago. Ican not remember if it was some sort of horse show. Anyone remember it

Laura B

« Reply #266 on: October 21, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »
Hi I'm head of Allens Croft nursery school now the children's centre on Allens Croft RD Kings heath.  We are trying to find old photos of the nursery from it days in the 40and 50s /60s and anyone who attended the nursery or worked there? If you have any info for us please email me.I saw the photo on this thread posted by Bobby! Thanks again Laura Brodie

pickard.r

« Reply #267 on: October 23, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »
Hi Laura, welcome to the Forum,
The only memory I have of a nursery In Allens Croft road Is very sketchy to say the least. I did not attend myself but I am sure that It was situated a little bit further up on the right hand side of the main road from where you are now (the site of Pineapple School) and you had to go through a gap between two houses which led into a  small field with the wooden Nursery building to the left.
I have looked on Google maps and think the location Is now Pineapple close which leads on to a new-Ish housing development.

Bobby
You can lead a horse to water but, a pencil must be lead.

Robtrader

« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »
Hi All,
Im new to the Forums - most enjoyable looking though old pics of Kings Heath.
Im about to move back to my house in Taylor Road, which used to be (as I was informed) an old Coach House which was converted about 10 years ago into a habitable property after years of being derelict (Now called....The Coach House) .  I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding the property - or maybe pictures.  Its the first house on your left as you come into Taylor Road from Alcester Road, behind the bus stop.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Laura B

« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2013, 07:48:26 PM »
Hi Bobby ,yes the old Allens croft nursery was as you say on the field up the road ! It began as a nursery for the women working in the munitions during world war 2. I think we moved up into spare accommodation in Pineapple school in the early 80s but still remained Allens croft nursery school ! Thanks for your reply Laura

jazemine386222

« Reply #270 on: March 19, 2014, 03:22:16 PM »
Does anybody  remember the news agents ,in Avenue Road,opposite Kings Heath park about 1965 ,any photos would be gratefull

thanks

jazemine386222

« Reply #271 on: March 19, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
Does anybody remember Queensbridge School,Moseley, 1964-7 Any information, photos or if you went there  would be grateful
              thanks

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »
Hi Jazemine,

Welcome to the forum, sorry I can't help with a photo of Queensbridge School, but is this the shop you mean on Avenue Rd on the corner of grange Rd?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

jazemine386222

« Reply #273 on: March 19, 2014, 03:58:29 PM »
Thanks for the Welcome, yes that's the shop, used to do my paper rounds from there. Brings back many memories  looking on here, glad i found it .

wetdog

« Reply #274 on: March 20, 2014, 06:52:16 AM »
shop is still there , and the cars have changed but little else .

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy