Author Topic: BRUM WHEELIE BINS  (Read 17591 times)

planetmalc

Re: BRUM WHEELIE BINS
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »
During the growing season, there's always loads of garden waste to shift because I have lots of trees, hedges and lawn clippings to get rid of.      I LOVE my green wheelie bin! :smitten:
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Abt

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »
I can remember the hassle of getting rid of rubbish before the wheelie bins, now life is much easier.
In the Solihull borough we have a grey general rubbish every week and alternate weeks we have either green bin garden recycling or brown bin (paper,cardboard, metal, plastic,drinks cartons) and a box for glass
Grey, green and brown bins but in some areas they have red, purple or blue bins, a bit of an eyesore when left outside houses.
Also houses in this area  that have 5 or more occupants can request a  larger grey bin.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2016, 09:47:27 AM »
        so you have took the trouble to sort your waist out   put it in its right bin   and this is what happens to it

What a waste! 340,000 tons of recycling is sent to landfill because we're too CONFUSED about the rules
Household waste burned or buried has increased by 84 per cent
In some areas 15% of bins are 'contaminated' with non-recyclable items
A FOI request found councils rejected 338,000 tons of waste in 2014/15
There have been calls for one harmonised system for around the country

Hundreds of thousands of tons of recycling sorted by households are being sent to landfill or incinerators, it emerged last night.

The amount of household waste buried in the ground or burned after it has been placed into separate bins has increased by 84 per cent over the past four years, official figures show.

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

frederick

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2016, 06:01:22 PM »
This was our rubbish this morning. Black bag household orange bag paper tins plastic bottles. The caddy wast food the big one is for glass bottles. Other parts of town you will see the wheelie bins.

Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

frederick

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2016, 10:46:18 AM »
We don't get payed for all the sorting we do. Before all this started I would put anything aluminium to one side as in cans. And after there was quite a few there I would take them to the scrap yard and get a payment for them, and I would also take any copper or brass that I had.   £££££    O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy