Author Topic: BRUM WHEELIE BINS  (Read 17590 times)

planetmalc

Re: BRUM WHEELIE BINS
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
I'd hate to have to go back to the antiquated plastic bag system and have rats, cats and other animals ripping them open as soon as they are put out for collection. Wheelie bins are a much better system, far more hygienic and cleaner.   O0 O0
Cut out the middle-man.    Creatures only rip the bags open 'cos they can smell food, so leave the food at the bottom of your garden for them in the first place. O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Pamela

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
Leaving food out in the garden could cause rats and foxes to come

What about people who don't have a garden ?

We can put food in our Garden bin

Jacqueline

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 12:53:27 AM »
Our problem at the moment with bin bags is not foxes,rodents or other animals but humans. Some of the folks in the low rise flats beside us think it is ok to dump bags open, either black white or orange. They even seem to think it fine to dump the bags a couple of hours after the collection. :(

Yet i still cannot see wheelie bins working either due to lack of storage. Might be easier if we had just one whellie bin each. Simple and uncomplicated. Green issues seem to cause too many problems and cost more than they save for refuse collection.

planetmalc

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »
Leaving food out in the garden could cause rats and foxes to come

What about people who don't have a garden ?

We can put food in our Garden bin
I guess it boils down to where you want your rats & foxes  -  ripping your bags open at the front of your house :o , or munching contentedly away at the bottom of your garden. O0     No garden?  -  find a piece of waste land. ;)     No waste land or Garden Bin?  -  steel yourself for a mess at the front of your property. :-\ 
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

page

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 07:25:28 PM »
Hi to you all, forgot to add that when the bins come it will most likely be on two week cycle, some time ago we were looking for a house and we were down Tamworth , turned onto a estate and it must have been bin day a lot of the roads were narrow all u could see were rows and rows of bins left Tamworth could not live in a estate like that . :-[

frederick

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 12:43:06 PM »
Some towns with terraced hoses you see those big bins left out the front permanently. that would be a job taking those through the house every week after they have been out in all weathers.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 01:18:49 PM »
be for we had our bins we used p/bags given to us each week then we had a letter saying that a survey had been done and our house was suitable for a w/bin
no waist food in our house( i feed the wife on that ;D ;D ;D ) some of the older folk that live by me could not put there bins out so the bin men come up the gardens and get the bins and put them back we still use p/bags it stops the bins from smelling when we had to use p/bags we would put them out the night be for  wild life would rip them open Even with no food in them if you had put a can in the bag that had been used for meat

so what it boils down to is if you can put your bins out of the way (you have room) then they are good if have to keep them on the road not so good
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Aladdin

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
Don't believe all the rubbish about the council caring for recycling. Our recycling is not being collected for a month due to its collection falling on Christmas Day...two weeks before and two weeks after Christmas. Sadly, my recycling will be bagged up and put out with the general waste at the earliest available collection. I will not be traipsing to the tip and sitting in a queue when i have paid to have it collected.
One good thing about the council putting the service out to a private company or partnership eventually, is that they can stipulate the collections required and when. The council where i lived for a few years ensure that all collections for that week are completed with overtime at the weekend.

SENSIBLE

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
Don't believe all the rubbish about the council caring for recycling. Our recycling is not being collected for a month due to its collection falling on Christmas Day...two weeks before and two weeks after Christmas. Sadly, my recycling will be bagged up and put out with the general waste at the earliest available collection. I will not be traipsing to the tip and sitting in a queue when i have paid to have it collected.
One good thing about the council putting the service out to a private company or partnership eventually, is that they can stipulate the collections required and when. The council where i lived for a few years ensure that all collections for that week are completed with overtime at the weekend.
I've always said that recycling is a load of rubbish!   :)
http://www.thebubble.org.uk/bus-ec/recycling-a-load-of-rubbish
Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

Aladdin

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 11:11:39 PM »
Makes interesting reading Sensible  :)

page

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »
Hi to you all, i see in the brum mail there are a lot of comments about the refuse service,about the wheelie bins and the dustman having Xmas day and boxing days off.  On the subject of the Xmas break it has been the same for the last thirty years, its not the dustmen who put out all the rubbish you can see that the people who moan just dump it outside their houses without any thought of when it will be picked up, have they not got a brain.   The dustmen only get two days a year when they do not work Xmas & Boxing day. Years ago u worked with the public but not now its always the dustman who is the bad boy, learn these people who have come to this country , not treat it like a third world country .   Kelly who is in charge of services now has not got a clue he came from the markets did not do a good job there. Also i see from the Mail that a lot of the folks in brum want a say on the wheelie bins let the have a vote,  the bins will stop the stupid people dumping on the streets or will it they will only get the bin emptied.    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. DAN

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy