Author Topic: Sheep street and Lawrence street  (Read 9825 times)

Barbara Moloney

Re: Sheep street and Lawrence street
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 05:43:31 PM »
I know this is an old thread but just just stumbled across it.

I noticed the Cosgrove name mentioned. I was the youngest Cosgrove, with my twin brother Hugh.

I remember Edwin Wright, Mary Myring and Charles Gardiner very well. Have some great memories of hours spent in Kyle Hall Youth Club.

Charles Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 07:20:25 PM »
Hi Barbara,I remember your family well, i am still in contact with a lot of people from the old end, My self and my brother Mickey were only talking about Lawrence street the other day of of cause you family name got mentioned along with the Kelly's, Days, Cowleys, Rileys, Edneys, and that was only down you end of the street, Charlie Gardiner

pollyanna

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 07:49:52 PM »
hello Barbara I remember you well a great dancer with a lovely voice I have great memories of our childhood, the dancing lessons the one show I remember with you as Prince Charming. And Mary who was my best friend,your lovely family I hope they are all well but it has been fifty years more or less.

Barbara Moloney

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 04:29:45 PM »
It was so lovely to receive replies from childhood friends. I was recently telling my husband about how a gang of us would go to the cinema or pictures as we then referred to it. I remember someone would pay to get in and let the rest of us in through the fire escape door at the back.
I live in Northamptonshire but Patrick, Kathy, Mary and Hugh still live in and around Birmingham. Sadly our lovely sister Eileen passed away just over two years ago. I can't wait to tell my sisters and brothers about this forum. Best wishes to you. Barbara (Cosgrove) Moloney.

Charles Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 05:22:14 PM »
So sad to hear about Eileen, And yes to sneaking in the Flicks " The Gaiety " We had some wicked times in Kyle Hall as well, 

pollyanna

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 06:16:22 PM »
So sorry to hear about Eileen, but glad to hear all the rest of your family are well, do you remember THE LAWRENCE ST ROVERS, we were quite good, I see Raymond Lowe quite often they still call me Mary Brown  being friends with the " Cosgroves" was best part of my childhood. It was so nice to hear from you, take good care of yourself hugs.
                   Mary

Thekellys

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 03:11:53 PM »
Hi guys, Maureen Kelly here from 1 C Terrace. Just came across this forum by chance. Be great reading names ov people k grew up with xx

Mary chick

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »
Hi all my family lived at 8 A terrace and I am the youngest of the chick family Mary 

Mary chick

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 09:23:23 PM »
Hi uncle Charley just to let you know my brothers ray and Chris and Robert have all passed away now only sister left I am over your way next week to see our Julie hope she will bring me to the club xxxxx

Barry Connell

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 12:06:54 PM »
hi i have just found this forum be nice to here of anyone

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »
Hi Barry

Welcome to you, try putting names or places in the search box at the top right of the page and se what it comes up with.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy