Author Topic: Anyone from Stirchley  (Read 32419 times)

Harley48

Re: Anyone from Stirchley
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2019, 10:06:18 PM »
Hi my dad was born in 1950 so he lived there until he was 19 , in 1969 . His sister was 5 years older .
Glenn

AWJD

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2019, 08:48:18 AM »
Hi Glenn.

Your father would probably have attended Stirchley Primary School - if so, he might well have been in the same class as my older sister. I'll see if I can find any information dating back to that time.

Harley48

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2019, 10:29:56 AM »
Thank you awjd that would be great
Glenn

Des Gardner

« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »
My dad and his young brother lived in Kitchener Rd, with their parents they both went to Stirchley School  about 1922 which one I dont know I think it was the one nearest Dogpool Lane, I remember as a young boy going to see my grandmother and great grandmother, and I was never allowed to go near the river Rea which was near to their house, the river really did smell bad and the water was often polluted and was grey in colour, me and my sister would walk to Kitchener Rd from our home in Warstock........I do have 2 class pictures that I think was taken in about 1922-24  taken in Stirchley school, they will take some finding but I do have them somewhere.....

AndrewSmalley39

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2019, 04:53:32 PM »
Hi

I am just replying to your message as this was my grandparents i didn't know them myself sadly  but would be keen to hear any information you may have. my farther was Jeff  who was the son of Laura and George,  i would love to hear from you ? 

AndrewSmalley39

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »
Hi,

My name is Thomas - I am enquiring about a family friend who used to live in Brent Road, his name was George Smalley and he passed in 1973. He had a wife called Laura who passed away at 41 years of age. I think they lived at No. 34 and George's father Wilfred lived at No. 36.

If anyone remembers this family I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Thomas
[size=0px]I am just replying to your message as this was my grandparents i didn't know them myself sadly  but would be keen to hear any information you may have. my farther was Jeff  who was the son of Laura and George,  i would love to hear from you ? [/size]

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy