Author Topic: the night out in birmingham  (Read 7666 times)

Tinah

Re: the night out in birmingham
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 08:21:27 PM »
Hi I worked at the Night Out for 4 years and saw many great acts and plenty of crap ones too.I went on to work at the Dome but left after a while.I remember Mr Paul Lillycrap the manager

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »
Hi Tinah

Welcome to the forum, Paul Lillycrap sounds familiar (its not a name you forget) I don't know him from The Night Out any idea where he worked before that?

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Mogmeister

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 09:04:09 PM »

Roy

Yeah Paul Lillycrap was the manager when i worked there , i didnt like him much , to arrogent , his wife was a lot better .

Tinah
What did you do at the Night Out , i worked the bars as a rule 2 and 4 sometimes the lounge , polly was one of my supervisors and our manager was Bob Camelio.Do you remember Pete Bassett .

Mogmeister.

Tinah

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 07:54:27 AM »
I worked as a wine waitress and then on the lounge bar when it had a refurb. I remember Pete but my bar manager was Keith Barber and the lounge bar manager was Carol. I worked until the Night Out closed down which was a memorable night. The sound engineer was Jimmy Franks who now works at RadioWM.

Mogmeister

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »
Tinah

I remember keith Barber , he took over from bob , i worked there for the last four year until it closed , but missed the last night because i was on holiday in Italy .It was a memorable place to work for , low wages but made up with tips and of course we got to see the acts and even to talk with them .

Mogmeister.

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
did Any one ever go to the night out in brum

Roy, my sister was the office manager at The Night Out for a long time. I've never been there because it didn't exist when I lived in Brum.

Mogmeister

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 12:09:44 AM »
Anne
What was he name , i remember one she had blonde hair .

Mogmeister

Anne from Stirchley

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 12:17:05 AM »
Anne
What was he name , i remember one she had blonde hair .

Mogmeister

My sister wouldn't like it if I gave her name here, but she did not have blonde hair. She always made me laugh when she described her job. She said she liked working there, but the customers were such a nuisance!

Clarkie

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 08:11:45 PM »
The Night Out was great. Such a pity it's not still going.

We only went on special occasions as money was very tight in those days for us. Ironically I can afford to go now.

Why is there nowhere like this today? We go on quite a few cruises, which are really popular these days. Every evening on board you have entertainment like at the Night Out. So why doesn't someone exploit this gap in the market for those many who enjoy cruise entertainment?

Mogmeister

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »
Clarkie

In a word i think Greed , the agents want to much which makes the tickets to expensive .

Mogmeister.

Clarkie

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »
Clarkie

In a word i think Greed , the agents want to much which makes the tickets to expensive .

Mogmeister.

I suppose you're right Mog. Such a pity.

But if cruise lines can do it you'd think land based venues could easily afford it.

Wasn't there a similar venue to the Night Out by Edgabaston Reservoir? It looked like that type of place in Boon anyway.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy