Author Topic: what on  (Read 886 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
what on
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »
 Stand up comedy @the Hollywood Social Club Erdington All welcome« on: Yesterday at 01:44:22 PMThe third Saturday of every month is comedy night at the Hollywood Social Club 50 Kingsbury Road Erdington.

We have a professional and often as seen on TV headline act supported by some of the best up and coming talent on the UK circuit.

Our next night is on Saturday February 16th at 7:30  tickets £7 at the door or visit the club before the night for £6 tickets (Discount offered for repeat visits)

MC Ben Hutchinson hosts the night headlined by local Pro Comic Andy White a regular at the big comedy clubs..

Support from Rich Growcott,Gareth Guild,Andy Nightingale,Eddie Harris,Jim Bayes and Pete Teckman

Andy is a Brummie who escaped from a call centre to become a stand up comic. He combines silly voices and a mad afro to devestating comic effect. Andy's humour embraces silly voices, funny faces, observational humour, topical humour and his mixed race background. He can do material that's clever, cheeky, sick or just silly. His performance can shift from deadpan to loud and physical.
Andy has played to a wide variety of audiences, adults and children, both at home and abroad, in comedy clubs, theatres, universities, Radio and TV shows, and at corporate entertainment events.

Regular clubs in the UK :
The Jongleurs chain; The Comedy Store in Manchester and London; Frog and Bucket in Manchester; The Glee Clubs in Birmingham and Cardiff, The Belfast Empire, The Stand in Edinburgh and Glasgow, Rawhide in Liverpool, The Hyena in Newcastle, The Roundhouse in Sheffield and many others.

Overseas:
Monte Carlo (Laughing Horse), Berlin (Bleu Montag), Abu Dhabi and Dubai (Laughter House)

TV:
BBC New Comedy Awards 2002 (BBC Choice)
"Vox Pops" for Central News, Birmingham (Carlton TV)
Winner of Weakest Link comedian's special BBC 2002

Radio:
Brand Spanking New on BBC Radio 7 (stand up show)
"Zoo Style" chat on Radio WM and BBC Radio
Leeds

Other performance:

One man stand-up show 'It Started With A Quiz' at 2007 Edinburgh Fringe "brilliant... (* * * * *) " (Three Weeks)

One man show at Leicester Comedy Festival 2005: Young, Gifted and Beige

Improvisation with "WOW! Impro" troupe at Bedworth Arts Centre and The Socal in Nottingham

Reviews:

"The laughs turned to applause many times for Andy" Suzanne Worthington, BBC Cumbria

"Had me exercising my pelvic floor muscles to avoid an accident" Karen Slater, BBC Tees

"Undeniably entertaining" Chortle.co.uk

For any more information please PM me.
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy