Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316739 times)

GardenGerald

Re: Shard End
« Reply #1144 on: January 30, 2020, 05:36:19 PM »
Hello Ed
What name did his partner give you.
My hospital appointment for this week was cancelled.
Chin up, Cancer is not going to beat me, I'm a Vauxhall boy.
Take care Ed
Gerald.

Ian Dalziel

« Reply #1145 on: January 30, 2020, 06:17:51 PM »
Best of luck with your fight against your illness Gerald
Let's make the best out of a bad situation.

davesd1

« Reply #1146 on: January 30, 2020, 06:37:54 PM »
Thanks for reply Ed.I think the last post he made was around the 20th December,no mention of any illness.Did anyone on the forum know him well enough for him to inform them?
Thoughts with you too Gerald.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #1147 on: January 30, 2020, 06:58:16 PM »
Davesd1.In the 70s used to use a pub in Amington Tamworth (Can't remember the name of hand )for drinks with my F/Law & B/Law.Unknown to me until 18 months ago Townie used to serve us as he worked behind the bar.His partner Maria only informed by PM because we kept in touch with each other quite a lot and she found my name.Maria said he only found out on the 4 Dec but was so aggressive couldn't have chemotherapy in time to save him
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

mike mancott

« Reply #1148 on: January 30, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »
Hello Ed
What name did his partner give you.
My hospital appointment for this week was cancelled.
Chin up, Cancer is not going to beat me, I'm a Vauxhall boy.
Take care Ed
Gerald.

Take care, Gerald. Thinking of you. Remember the power of positive thinking.
Mike

robx52

« Reply #1149 on: January 30, 2020, 08:12:51 PM »
I think we all share those thoughts mike, stay strong Gerald.

davesd1

« Reply #1150 on: January 30, 2020, 08:37:36 PM »
Davesd1.In the 70s used to use a pub in Amington Tamworth (Can't remember the name of hand )for drinks with my F/Law & B/Law.Unknown to me until 18 months ago Townie used to serve us as he worked behind the bar.His partner Maria only informed by PM because we kept in touch with each other quite a lot and she found my name.Maria said he only found out on the 4 Dec but was so aggressive couldn't have chemotherapy in time to save him

How terrible for him,when told it was too far advanced.

Shard end Sean

Davesd1
« Reply #1151 on: January 30, 2020, 09:31:04 PM »
So sorry to hear about Townie , he certainly loved Shard End and seemed to know a lot of people over 60 odd years  RIP Dennis

anyfink

« Reply #1152 on: May 19, 2020, 09:14:01 AM »
Hi everyone, new member here.  I was conceived in Churchill Road, Bordesley Green and moved whilst still very young with my parents, older brother and younger sister whilst still young to Lapley Grove in Lea Hall and was in number 40.  I immediately noticed a post by member Susie2shoes who also happened to have lived in the very same maisonettes where I lived and am so happy to know that someone else in the world other than my own family remember the maisonettes.  I'm struggling to read and type at this moment in time due to rapidly progressing cataracts which has rendered me blind in my left eye and extremely difficult to see properly in my right so pardon any typos that may occur.

frederick

« Reply #1153 on: May 19, 2020, 10:20:57 AM »
Anyfink,
Are you having the cataract replaced at any time, I had one replaced last year very good.    O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Spud

« Reply #1154 on: May 19, 2020, 01:32:31 PM »
Hi everyone, new member here.  I was conceived in Churchill Road, Bordesley Green and moved whilst still very young with my parents, older brother and younger sister whilst still young to Lapley Grove in Lea Hall and was in number 40.  I immediately noticed a post by member Susie2shoes who also happened to have lived in the very same maisonettes where I lived and am so happy to know that someone else in the world other than my own family remember the maisonettes.  I'm struggling to read and type at this moment in time due to rapidly progressing cataracts which has rendered me blind in my left eye and extremely difficult to see properly in my right so pardon any typos that may occur.

I had a Cataract problem last year. After about 3 or 4 months I did get an NHS appointment. In between times my opticians [Vision Express] asked if I would be prepared to go 'Private' but thro the NHS. And they arranged for me to have the Cataract Op with Spa Medica. It did not cost me a penny and and it was all done and dusted within a month. I can't tell you the difference it made to my sight. Everything was sharper and brighter. You will need your Optician to recommend you to Spa Media and your GP will have to endorse your treatment.
I cannot recommend Spa Medica enough they are excellent. They have around 20 clinics in the UK. I went to the one at Apex House Calthorpe Rd Five Ways in Birmingham. I would suggest if you do use Spa Medica go by Taxi parking can be difficult around 5 ways but there is a Car Park on Ladywood Middleway not far away and 5 Ways Railway Station is no more than a 5 or 10 minute walk away
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy