Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316736 times)

Shard end Sean

Re: Shard End
« Reply #1155 on: May 19, 2020, 09:23:20 PM »
Hi Spud thanks for sharing your info about the cataract experience ,I’m sure that will help a few people that have the problem . I hope Anyfink can get some help with his cataract. Keep safe everybody  O0 

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #1156 on: May 19, 2020, 11:28:35 PM »
Ventured  out today for the first time in 8 weeks .Started the car and took it to the Car Wash
LOOKS lovely.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Hayleybop

« Reply #1157 on: June 22, 2020, 12:53:52 PM »
KenP Did Gerald live a few doors from you on Packington Avenue

Gerald (Gez) Weston is my dad!!!

mw0njm

« Reply #1158 on: June 22, 2020, 03:21:17 PM »
Hi Karen what did you think of the changes to Shard End? No Alderlea no Longmeadow, only 2 pubs left standing. I'm surprised Timberley school is still standing my second school.

All the best townie.
to me shardend, was the cow fields, alderly school. the 2 hands, the calt.packhorse,trident,norman chamberling park.heathway shops harlaquine. . we had a good gang. animal.walla, paul,lee..all those parties.hey.and the night they went for a streak,and was locked out. and some one turnd the hose on them and called the bill,  ;D happy days then

skyegirl

« Reply #1159 on: July 30, 2020, 02:48:11 PM »
Hi everyone have just joined the forum but have been following the site for a few years decided to join having read the posts of wedgie  jeftee and John Dee all of whom I remember from my time at Alderlea. I was there as a pupil from 1964 - 1969 and worked at the school from late 1970 -1978 as the workshop technician with Alan Graham Stan Bottley Chris Thomason Vic Allen  John Merrill  when I left and moved to Devon my name is Richard Hirst better Known as Dick have many memories of classmates and staff . Played football and cricket for the school as did JohnDee and jeftee was house captain for Lancaster during 1969 we were champion house that year but I didn't get to lift the trophy at assembly because I wagged the day off to go fishing with Pete French and Andy Young :-[ and we never caught anything either. Would love to hear of anyone that remembers me still  intouch with Pete Colin and Steve Bateman met my wife at the school valentines dance she went to Longmeadow girls we met in 1969 got married in 1973 at all saints church shard end  and we are still together don't know if that was just bad luck ;D however please keep posting and putting on photos hope someone responds Thank You All.
Hi Birmingham boy.. Just joined... I lived in Timberley Lane Shard end from 1956 till 1974...Three brothers went to Alderlea boys Steven David and Andrew Porter I went onto Longmeadow girls

skyegirl

« Reply #1160 on: August 01, 2020, 03:30:39 PM »
Dennis

A couple of the pubs that you asked for, TheTwo Hands & The Heathway and I thought you might like to see The British Legion Club on Brownfield Rd.
Hi Phil I used to work at the Heathway and belonged to the Heathway darts team 1976 aporox

the2ems

« Reply #1161 on: February 07, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »
Demolition 4
Just found these pictures while browsing. I went to Alderlea, and left in 1962, after being in the first group who sat GCE’s. I was surprised in later years to hear that the school had been demolished. Why was that? It wasn’t that old.

Mac28

« Reply #1162 on: February 23, 2021, 05:32:50 AM »
Hi There, Just joined the forum. ! wandered if anyone had any pictures of the maisonettes on The Heathway that were to the left of Hartshill Road if facing the shops and by the map are now houses? I lived there from 4 until about 11-12 and now live in Australia. Would love to show my children where I grew up. TIA

never really left

« Reply #1163 on: July 13, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »
Really enjoy reading all the nostalgia about shard end , all the people, specially from the fifties to the eighties. It's a shame more people don't post their experiences , i know a prominent poster died recently.I used to enjoy his posts, he was passionate about the past.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #1164 on: July 13, 2021, 11:34:58 PM »
Did you mean TOWNIE
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Gwladmab

« Reply #1165 on: July 14, 2021, 05:47:51 AM »
Really enjoy reading all the nostalgia about shard end , all the people, specially from the fifties to the eighties. It's a shame more people don't post their experiences , i know a prominent poster died recently.I used to enjoy his posts, he was passionate about the past.
Hello, never really left. I went to Alderlea from 68 to 70. The best day was the day I left. Mind you I never went that often, played the wag most of the time. I do remember a few good lads from there. I travelled up from Chelmsley Wood.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy