Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316160 times)

Pam1511

Re: Shard End
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »
Hi Dave John Underhill will be about your age,Trevor about 63/4 and Paul not yet 60 i think. Derek is 62.

townie

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
Yes your right i was 15 and getting served in the Timberley, but what a great pub.friday nights disco
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

teegee

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »
No Dennis !  We just did our "Cross Country" around the streets surrounding the school. If they had let us go further Ie: the Norman Chamberlain....They would never have seen us for the rest of the day, ( We would have been in "The Timberley", as in those days they served us, even in our school uniform. )

Dave, have you got a brother called Roger by any chance.

Terry

teegee

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »
Alderlea school teachers 1961. Taken from the Friends reunited site.

Terry

Dave Wallace

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
@TeeGee.   Yes ! I do have a Brother by the name of Roger. We lived in Longmeadow Crescent, and by your question, I'm guessing you know us.  :P

Please tell me more.

teegee

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »
@TeeGee.   Yes ! I do have a Brother by the name of Roger. We lived in Longmeadow Crescent, and by your question, I'm guessing you know us.  :P

Please tell me more.

Dave I have sent you a PM.

townie

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
Nice photo of Alderlea Teegee some of the Teachers i remember are Head master Francis. Dep Reeves. Metalwork Graham. Georaphy Atlas. English Dennis. PE Macnamara.  This was 65 to 69. All i can remember.There was a rugby coach from Wales who started a rugby team, in them days i only played football but this teacher let you smoke so haho. join we did.  There are a lot more but the brain needs a reminder now and again.

teegee

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2013, 08:36:08 AM »
Nice photo of Alderlea Teegee some of the Teachers i remember are Head master Francis. Dep Reeves. Metalwork Graham. Georaphy Atlas. English Dennis. PE Macnamara.  This was 65 to 69. All i can remember.There was a rugby coach from Wales who started a rugby team, in them days i only played football but this teacher let you smoke so haho. join we did.  There are a lot more but the brain needs a reminder now and again.

Hi, I left Alderlea xmas 1961 I think, and I can remember all those teachers you mentioned except for Macnamara. Others on the photo that I remember are Degville, Tipton, and Redgrave. Its a pity the photo won't enlarge, I think it is due to the size limits the site imposes.

Terry

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »
Terry

Try the tinypic option outlined here you will get larger photos
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

teegee

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2013, 05:48:02 PM »
Trying Phils suggestion.

It worked, Thanks Phil

townie

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »
Hi TeeGee Can you remember the secretarys  name the only woman in the school, looked like a horse but at 13 in them days she was like Reese Witherspoon and she always made a point of walking through the changing rooms when the 4th year were in there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy