Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316187 times)

townie

Re: Shard End
« Reply #946 on: November 17, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
Hello Arthur and welcome. I will try and help you with anything you want to know about Shard End. Fennel Croft not many people would have heard of that but I'm sure I delivered newspaper there. I know I delivered papers in  Pencroft Road. I can only remember one family from around there. You might know them, they were the Mosopps. Garry and Roy and they had a sister cant remember her name. Keep reading and posting  O0 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Jools

« Reply #947 on: November 17, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
Hi Arthur Watson, are you related to Gary Watson ?

Arthur Watson

« Reply #948 on: November 18, 2017, 03:42:07 PM »
Hi Guys,

It’s a great pleasure to be part of this forum.

My parents moved from Camp Hill to Fennel Croft in the early fifties and I became the eldest member of a family of 8.I went to Brownmead Junior School and then to Alderlea Secondary Modern.Incidentley my sister Sue eventually became a teacher at the Brownmead Junior school probably useing her married name James.

Fennel Croft was a small cul de sac with approximately 20 houses and most were occupied with large families.

I can recall the following names- Clark’s-Pearshouses-Silvestors-Evrilles-Wilson’s- Thornton’s - Stubbs and the Carters..

The only names I can recall in Pencroft Road was the Beddows family and I’m not related to Gary Watson.

Someone may know my brothers and sisters.David,Kenny,Susan,Ann,Linda,Joan and John.?

I have loads of happy and sad memories which eventually look  forward to sharing with you

Jools

« Reply #949 on: November 18, 2017, 03:50:10 PM »
Hi Arthur, I lived in school lane and also went to Brownmead, and then to longmeadow girls school, I was born in 1951 I remember miss Harvey in 'the baby class' at Brownmead, and Mr Bancroft, I think I remember where you lived it's all so long ago, but stays in your mind, our beginnings in life, I remember the 55 bus into town etc

townie

« Reply #950 on: November 18, 2017, 06:23:15 PM »
I  attended Alderlea from 65 to 69 I use that word attended loosely. If you go back on this thread I think you will find names that you remember. 

countrylad

« Reply #951 on: November 18, 2017, 08:18:13 PM »
Hi Guys,

It’s a great pleasure to be part of this forum.

My parents moved from Camp Hill to Fennel Croft in the early fifties and I became the eldest member of a family of 8.I went to Brownmead Junior School and then to Alderlea Secondary Modern.Incidentley my sister Sue eventually became a teacher at the Brownmead Junior school probably useing her married name James.

Fennel Croft was a small cul de sac with approximately 20 houses and most were occupied with large families.

I can recall the following names- Clark’s-Pearshouses-Silvestors-Evrilles-Wilson’s- Thornton’s - Stubbs and the Carters..

The only names I can recall in Pencroft Road was the Beddows family and I’m not related to Gary Watson.

Someone may know my brothers and sisters.David,Kenny,Susan,Ann,Linda,Joan and John.?

I have loads of happy and sad memories which eventually look  forward to sharing with you
Hello Arthur and welcome. I can't claim to have lived in Shard End, but do know the Hurst Lane and Packington Avenue area and spent many great weekends at my mates in Hurst Lane.

I attended Alderlea on occasions and left in 1970/71. When you were at Alderlea I was probably walking through Chelsley wood when it was still a wood  O0

Arthur Watson

« Reply #952 on: November 19, 2017, 07:17:57 AM »
Hello.

My memory fades these days but I left Alderlea in 1962 and have fond memories.My best friend was Robert Hughes who lived in Brownfield Road and I would love to get in touch with him again.Roberts had a brother Kelvin and he and Robert made front page news in the Sun.They both got lost for three days in bad weather at the top of Snowdonia.Fortunatley they were found but they spent a couple of days [size=78%]in hospital recovering from their ordeal.The cost of the search and rescue operation made national news.[/size]

I’m now living in Cyprus but occasionally I travel back to the Uk.

townie

« Reply #953 on: November 19, 2017, 10:44:32 AM »
Arthur the 2 kids who got lost on Snowdon was they on a school trip?

Arthur Watson

« Reply #954 on: November 19, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »
No I think this would be early to mid eighties.

Scipio

« Reply #955 on: November 19, 2017, 08:36:49 PM »

Hello.

My memory fades these days but I left Alderlea in 1962 and have fond memories.My best friend was Robert Hughes who lived in Brownfield Road and I would love to get in touch with him again.Roberts had a brother Kelvin and he and Robert made front page news in the Sun.They both got lost for three days in bad weather at the top of Snowdonia.Fortunatley they were found but they spent a couple of days [size=78%]in hospital recovering from their ordeal.The cost of the search and rescue operation made national news.[/size]

Welcome Arthur , and did they repay the cost of the search because of their own stupidity ?

I’m now living in Cyprus but occasionally I travel back to the Uk.
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

townie

« Reply #956 on: November 19, 2017, 08:51:45 PM »
Arthur have a look at page 62 you might recognise some of the kids. Plus there are lots of photos on this thread showing the kids at Alderlea, all you need is a bit of time to go through it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy