Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316186 times)

townie

Re: Shard End
« Reply #968 on: January 26, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »
Hi Sean. There was definitely a Barry Smith went to Alderlea. No idea what road he lived in though. Ill have a think of who was in his year you might recognise some of the names. Yes Sean it was Dave Watson from the Andicaps. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Brummie121

« Reply #969 on: January 28, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »

Hi Pam, I have tried to find some pics for you,  but the only decent one I have found is this one from 1972,Miss Sage class.

Thanks some old faces on there

townie

« Reply #970 on: February 20, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
teegee I read in one of your posts that you asked if someone knew Keith Rhodes? I knew a Neil Rhodes who lived on Shard End Crescent not sure if they are related. 

Shard end Sean

« Reply #971 on: February 23, 2018, 07:40:10 PM »
Hi Townie Keith Rhodes is Sandra Rhodes Brother , he is not related to Neil from Shard End Crescant. I was at a funeral with him last month . Hope your well  O0

townie

« Reply #972 on: February 24, 2018, 05:49:16 PM »
Hi Sean do you still venture into Shard End now? Just wondering if any of the old Alderlea lads still live there. I know of one i used to go to school with, Kevin Smthy think he lives in School lane so he hasn't ventured very far in 60 years LOL.     

Shard end Sean

« Reply #973 on: March 01, 2018, 05:52:15 PM »
Hi Townie I dont drink in shard end anymore as I now live in Marston next to Lea Marston . As I went to Archbishop Williams in tile cross I didn’t know too many  Alderlea lads . The lads i see from shard end are Barry Smith , Graham Stych , Dave Wallace, Keith Rhodes,  Bobby Tustin. I don’t recall a Kevin Smithy I’m afraid . My cousins lived in Brownfield rd their surname is Mullins . Keep warm buddy  O0

Shard end Sean

« Reply #974 on: March 01, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
Also Townie I see Paul Hughes I was out with him last week we are going to Spain next year to celebrate his 70th . It would be rude not to  O0

wedgie

« Reply #975 on: March 01, 2018, 07:46:11 PM »
i lived in Brownfield Road opposite the vicars house, did you know the Wedge family

townie

« Reply #976 on: March 01, 2018, 08:47:21 PM »

Wedgie I can only remember 2 lads from Brownfield road and for the life of me can't remember their names. One of them lived, (now I will have to try and describe whereabouts). If you come from the Trident along Timberley Lane to the junction of Brownfield Road and turn left his house was about 6 or 8 up on the left that laid back from the road. He had 2 sisters I think. I definitely know he had one. If the names come to me I will post them.

A name has just sprung into my head Goldingay.

townie

« Reply #977 on: March 01, 2018, 08:52:52 PM »
Sean not sure if we have been down this road before. There was a Graham Stych in my class that would have been 69. Bobby Tustin did he have a younger brother and lived on The Heathway opposite the Harlequin?

countrylad

« Reply #978 on: March 01, 2018, 10:20:31 PM »
I think I was probably a year or so below you guys. Anyone remember, Paul Simpson (Budgie), Peter Stanton, Derek Strolin, Gerald Springette, mick Chattham, Adrian Lilly (Ada), Kevin McGan, Robert Campbell, Stan Freeman, Derek Douglas, John Moore, David Miller?
countrylad

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy