Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316182 times)

townie

Re: Shard End
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 10:33:27 PM »
Hi Dave. Do you remember the the Bob Cats.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Dave Wallace

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 11:03:25 PM »
Yes ! Dave Cowleys Dad Fred asked me to look after them as they were very young at the time. Dave lived in Brittan Close next to the Kitsland shops. I used to get them to gigs from time to time. They were very good for such young men.

Dave Wallace

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 08:16:04 AM »

Dennis....Here is a photo of Alderlea School. I got it off the Internet, so I'm afraid I don't have much say in it's quality.

townie

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 08:35:28 AM »
Nice photo Dave thanks. Just to let you know i was in the same class as David Cowley.and yes the Bob Cats were very good  as i remember.

Pam1511

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
Hi Dennis I can't remember Dave Brown in hurst lane.My husband went to Alderlea 1963/67 and lived in Enford Close on the old army barracks estate,he is related to Roy Wood.My old neighbours were Underhills,McCoy,Chinnock,Woore some of the lads went to Alderlea.Also Tilley family lived in hurst lane,there were about 6 of them as far as I can remember.

townie

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 04:16:10 PM »
Hi Pam The name Underhill rings a bell also the Tilly family. What is your husbands name i probably know him from school He must have left the same year as my brother in law Paul Clower.

townie

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »
Hi Pam (Understand)  knew Trevor dont know the other people you mentioned. knew the Battle family from packington avenue x girlfriend supposed to be a relative of Roy Wood but never met him.

townie

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »
Dave as you were a pupil of Alderlea did you ever go on the cross country run at Norman Chambling, with Mcnamara crossing the river cole twice the sewage that was in that river, can you imagine what moms and dads would say now. not to mention health and saftey.What the kids miss now it didn't do me any harm.

Pam1511

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 07:11:13 PM »
Hi Dave My husbands name is Derek Smith his cousin is Roy Wood,we went to Roy's mom and dads flat in Kitts Green many years ago.Derek grew up in hall hayes Road but moved to Enford Close when the houses were built on the Barracks. The Underhills were John,Trevor and Paul.Paul once had the pub on the corner of packington avenue and shard end crescent,can't remember the name of it.An ex boyfirend went to Alderlea but was a vouple of years older,Michael Ellis he lived in Pear Tree road.

Dave Wallace

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 07:24:07 PM »
Hi Pam1511. I remember that pub. It was opposite the police station, and was called "The Packhorse". Re: the names you mention...I do remember all those names....Only problem is, I'm 67 years old ! :-[ ...Trying to put a face to a name gets hard after awhile. I had a few friends in Hall Hayes Rd, and I certainly remember the R.E.M.E camp being built on...I really must get over to Shard End for a look at the old place, ( strange saying that, as when we moved there in 1952, it was brand spanking new, and only half built ).....Best Wishes.

Dave Wallace

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 07:29:24 PM »
Dave as you were a pupil of Alderlea did you ever go on the cross country run at Norman Chambling, with Mcnamara crossing the river cole twice the sewage that was in that river, can you imagine what moms and dads would say now. not to mention health and saftey.What the kids miss now it didn't do me any harm.
No Dennis !  We just did our "Cross Country" around the streets surrounding the school. If they had let us go further Ie: the Norman Chamberlain....They would never have seen us for the rest of the day, ( We would have been in "The Timberley", as in those days they served us, even in our school uniform. )

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy