Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316731 times)

JohnDe

Re: Shard End
« Reply #902 on: September 24, 2017, 10:40:00 PM »
Spot on townie ..   well deduced!

JohnDe

« Reply #903 on: September 24, 2017, 10:45:23 PM »
Spot on townie ..   well worked out!   Yes a trip for a pint in the Fox would be a good call.   You were probably in the same class as Brian Perks, Get Gilbert, Richard Greening, Brian Postings, etc.

townie

« Reply #904 on: September 24, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »
What year are you talking about I started in 65 and left in 69
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

JohnDe

« Reply #905 on: September 24, 2017, 11:43:37 PM »
I also left in 1969.

townie

« Reply #906 on: September 25, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »
You were a year in front of me. Some of the names I remember from my year I think were John Cox, Keith Williams, David Brown, Ian [censored], John Ellis, David Woolley, Clive Alexander, Kevin Smyth, John Taylor, Graham Stych. There were many more I will have to wait until the names they come back to me  ;D       

countrylad

« Reply #907 on: September 25, 2017, 05:22:35 PM »
I was in 1A2 when I started and went into 2A1 after the first year, I think our form master was a guy called mr Sylvester he taught English. I later went into 3A1 and $A1 and then the 5th year.  Graham Fazackerley lived in Coneyford road as did Anthony Paul Edwards (both in my class), Steve Bateman was a maths genius and often had dialogue with the Maths teacher (Mr Edge) a tall man of some 6'7"! I had a drink with Steve a few weeks ago he drinks in the Fox and Goose and is passionate about his days at Alderlea. You should go there and meet him one Friday!
Hello JohnDe, welcome. I can remember the names mr Sylvester and Mr Birch but can't place them. I was in the B stream going though Alderlea, so perhaps for some subjects they may have been taught at a different level by different teachers. Mind you, after the second year I was hardly there anyway.

townie

« Reply #908 on: September 25, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »
countrylad what year did you leave Alderlea?

JohnDe

« Reply #909 on: September 25, 2017, 06:31:42 PM »
Hi Countrylad I stayed on for the 5th year so I left in 1969 aged 16. I only remember one of the names listed by townie and thats Kevin Smythe.  I also knew Derek Hadley, and Dennis Ryan and his brother Robert Ryan.[size=78%] [/size]

townie

« Reply #910 on: September 25, 2017, 06:40:01 PM »
I was very good friends with Kevin Smythe all through school he lived in the flats on Packington Avenue overlooking the lake. I spoke to him a couple of years ago on another social network. We both went to the Co-op in town think it was in High Street for interviews while in the 4th year about to leave. Kevin went for a Butcher and I went for a Milkman we both got the jobs, saying that anyone could get a job in them days. 

countrylad

« Reply #911 on: September 25, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »
countrylad what year did you leave Alderlea?
Hi towni I left the 4th year in 1971, that was the best day at school.

countrylad

« Reply #912 on: September 25, 2017, 08:04:56 PM »
Hi Countrylad I stayed on for the 5th year so I left in 1969 aged 16. I only remember one of the names listed by townie and thats Kevin Smythe.  I also knew Derek Hadley, and Dennis Ryan and his brother Robert Ryan.[size=78%] [/size]
Hi JohnDe, I knew Robert Ryan, I think you or townie mentioned someone called Ellis, I knew Stewart Ellis, you may have known his older brother.

Few names I remember; Kevin McGann, John Cambelll, Steven Lines, Derek Strollin, Stan Freeman, David Millar, Paul Simpson (Budgie), Mike Chattham, Peter Stanton, Derek Douglas, Paul Harrison (died cycling to work on Cov Rd in? 1974 RIP. Adrian Lilly, Gerald Springette, John Smith, David Smith, Terry Batham, John Reynolds, and John E Reynolds, Stewart White, Garry Newman, Geoff Coton, I'm sure more will come back to me.......

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy