Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316185 times)

Shard end Sean

Re: Shard End
« Reply #979 on: March 01, 2018, 10:34:37 PM »
Hi Wedgie sorry buddy I don’t remember the Wedges . My aunt and cousins lived in Brownfield rd  down towards the Heathway also my sister in law Pat Downes lived opposite

Shard end Sean

« Reply #980 on: March 01, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
Hi country lad I remember some of the names but didn’t know any of them  :-[

townie

« Reply #981 on: March 01, 2018, 10:59:45 PM »
Sean and Wedgie I have made a couple of posts on previous page you may not have read yet. Posts 976 and 977
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Jeftee

« Reply #982 on: March 03, 2018, 12:55:04 PM »
Hi all just found your site have read all pages bringing back loads of memories one especially the cross country run through the river Cole its a wonder we're all alive . I grew up in Lea village and went to  Ridpool road school then we moved to Nearmoor Road shard end where I attended Alderlea boys 1A1 form teacher Ken Sylvester great bloke. Hi john de we went through school togetter. Meeting up most weekends in  the later years buying cider and the 7pint bumper from the harliquin. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #983 on: March 03, 2018, 02:27:46 PM »
Jeftee,what year were you at Ridpool I was there in 49-50 ,then went to Lea Village
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

townie

« Reply #984 on: March 03, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
Hi Jef and welcome. Are you on any of the photos in Nearmoor Road or do you recognise anyone.

Jeftee

« Reply #985 on: March 03, 2018, 09:10:07 PM »
Hi Edmund Fifield, sorry for the delay in replying to your question,  I wasn't born until 1952 went to Ridpool when I was 7. We lived in Crossfield road opposite the bus garage. Good time there growing up.
Do you remember the woods family from Cole hall lane?

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #986 on: March 03, 2018, 09:23:41 PM »
Jeftee ,can't say I remember the woods family,but in55 when I left Lea Village my first job was a painter and I started painting the intereor of the bus depot ,I lived in Easthope Rd..
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Jeftee

« Reply #987 on: March 08, 2018, 09:41:00 AM »
Hi townie, sorry for the delay being a plumbing builder it's hectic  at the moment.
We didn't move to nearmoor road till 65.
I was in the same class as John de and went through school with the same lads.
Townie do you remember Peter Turner?
He was in your year don't no what class unfortunately he passed away in 2016. Do you remember the room above the stage, we used to hide in there to avoid going to Mr Degvilled lesson till we were found out
and got the cane off Reeves.

townie

« Reply #988 on: March 08, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
Hi Jeff. Seem to remember a Turner no sure of the first name, did he live in Turnley Road? Yes I remember the room above the stage didn't go up there very often as I weren't at school that much. Can you remember where the library was, was in on the second or third floor, not that I remember ever going in there though. Who was in your year I will see if I remember them. 

Jeftee

« Reply #989 on: March 10, 2018, 09:26:19 AM »
Hi townie, Pete was my brother we lived in nearmoor road. I remember the library well was there the first day it opened, attended there more than school. Lads i went to school with, Johnny Deakin( he's been on the forum) Pete French, Andy Young, Paul Hale( he was my best man ) Kevin Dignan, Steve Dyson, Phil Forest, Kelvin Highs.,  Mark Elliott , Steve Hutchins, Steve Goldingay. Steve Bateman. I played football throughout school and was captain of the b team under Mr Williams. Townie did you go for a drink with John de and Steve Bateman?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy