Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316823 times)

townie

Re: Shard End
« Reply #990 on: March 10, 2018, 12:21:46 PM »

Jeff.  Sorry to hear about your brother. Was he in the 1s 2s or 3s I was always in the 2s example 1L2, 2L2, 3L2, 4L2 The names I remember were Johnny Deakin  Pete French, Andy Young,  Phil Forest, Steve Goldingay. Steve Bateman. I mentioned Steve Golgingay earlier in the thread. I think I have seen Johnny Deakin was he a tall lad who liked the high jump? Pete French did he play football in goal? I was in the football team but I preferred Rugby although I was rubbish. I only joined the team for one reason, the teacher Mr Davis was Welsh and he let us smoke on the coach. 
One of my mates who I used to hang around with was Jeremy Cross he may have been in your year.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

countrylad

« Reply #991 on: March 10, 2018, 04:35:27 PM »
There was another good hiding place under the stage. With an escape route (where the services ran) through to the table tennis room in the Gymn   O0

townie

« Reply #992 on: March 10, 2018, 05:55:43 PM »
Do you remember where the caretakers office was? behind the shower block, Nice to see you, to see you nice Hello, Hello.

Jeftee

« Reply #993 on: March 10, 2018, 10:49:55 PM »
Hi countrylad sorry I don't remember the room under the stage but remember playing table tennis

Hi townie more lads I remember Colin Marsden, Micky Mulcahy , Trevor Jones

Jeftee

« Reply #994 on: March 11, 2018, 08:55:59 AM »
Hi townie Pete was a brain box he went through school in a stream (nickname brain box).......
No John was about average height don't remember him liking the high jump?
Again Pete French don't remember him being in goal. The school had just started playing rugby when we were leaving so never had a chance to have  a fag on the coach lol.
Townie I do remember the caretakers room and believe it or not we obtained a key so we could have a fag in there, don't think the teachers ever knew.
Where did Jeremy Cross live I seem to remember the name.

townie

« Reply #995 on: March 11, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
Jeff. He lived in the same road as you Nearmoor Road by the gully that led to the cop shop. He had a younger brother Steve.

countrylad

« Reply #996 on: March 11, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »
The only thing I remember about the caretaker was him arriving in assembly with his galvanised bucket of saw dust and a small shovel after one of the kids threw up.

School used to make me sick too, so I rarely went  ;D

Jeftee

« Reply #997 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:50 AM »
Hi townie , can't place the family. But they must have lived near Bob Freeman. The Freeman lived in the corner by the police station. 

Hi countrylad I wasn't a great lover of school either, sometimes used to catch the 55 bus to town and hang around the science or art museum's. GOOD fun good times. ;D

townie

« Reply #998 on: March 14, 2018, 12:45:53 PM »

Jeff. If Bob Freeman had a garage at the bottom of his garden then I must know him. Me and Dave Gleeson used to live in the garage.
When we dosed school we used to hang around the Bull Ring think we became part of the furniture, watching the time to make sure you got the bus back in time for 4oclock, getting back in the house so Mom and Dad never knew otherwise Those were the days.  O0

Jeftee

« Reply #999 on: March 16, 2018, 08:50:40 AM »
Hi townie, not sure if Bob had a garage in his garden only ever went to the front door.

Townie how do I send a message to John de( from pages82 83) ?

townie

« Reply #1000 on: March 16, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »

Jeff I have replied with a PM.
townie.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy