Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316800 times)

townie

Re: Shard End
« Reply #1056 on: February 13, 2019, 03:15:32 PM »

Hello. Is there anyone on here from Shard End or has memories as its getting a bit lonely. I started this thread so I have to keep the thread going.

Come and join me.

townie.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Shard end Sean

« Reply #1057 on: February 13, 2019, 06:49:24 PM »
Hi Davesd1,  yes I remember the coach crash next to  Mantons . I was doing a job last week in Cat Lane just a 100 yd’s from the house , if I remember right nobody was seriously hurt. I also remember the barber next to the coach and horses andou may not believe this but it was the last professional hairdresser that cut my hair as my wife has cut mine and is now shaving it 😂😂 for the last 50 years . Great days eh 👍

AlAn thorne

« Reply #1058 on: February 14, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »
I lived in gorsefield road from 1955/1963 i also went to alderlea school left in 1961 i used to go to shard end community centre where Geoff Lynn started of in one of the upstairs rooms i used to go and watch him rehearse  also played football for the community centre   with people names i remember higgins/kilbys they both lived in packi ngton avenue a chap by the name of. Frank calvet used to run the community centre then happy memorues i now live in rugeley Staffordshire

townie

« Reply #1059 on: February 14, 2019, 01:39:18 PM »
Hi Al. Do you or did you have a younger sister named Sandra?

davesd1

« Reply #1060 on: February 15, 2019, 05:52:28 PM »

Thanks for the reply Sean,i was beginning to think i'd dreamt that coach crash.Talking about haircuts,when Len the barber died,who was above Mick the butchers,i let my Mom cut my hair for a while,Stevie Wonder could have done a better job,so she was sacked.I then started using the barbers next to Allens the record shop by the Timberley.
Talking about Mick the butcher,does anyone remember the incident at his daughters wedding,regarding a horse and carriage?

AlAn thorne

« Reply #1061 on: February 15, 2019, 08:52:37 PM »
Yes i did she now lives in tamworth also ihad a sister called gillian and a brother called david who sadly died at the age of 52 and a half sister pat and a half brother Terry who sadly passed away t 71iam now 72 and keep fit with playing table tennis inthe tamworth /stafford league and using my treadmill

townie

« Reply #1062 on: February 16, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »

Alan I remember your sister from school days I think she went to Longmeadow, but I knew her from hanging around the shard End shops. I think I have seen her in Tamworth a few times, next time I see her I will stop and have a chat.

townie. 

Jillesk

« Reply #1063 on: February 22, 2019, 02:49:45 AM »
Hello. Is there anyone on here from Shard End or has memories as its getting a bit lonely. I started this thread so I have to keep the thread going.

Come and join me.

Hi
I was born in Shard End in 1953. Lived in Bradley Road opposite Timberley infant and junior school. Went to Byng Kenrick 1964 to 1969. Now live in Adelaide South Australia. Moved here in 1983.
Have been reading posts - trip down memory lane.

Jillesk

« Reply #1064 on: February 22, 2019, 02:54:41 AM »
Just joined this forum not sure of how it works but will work it out

AlAn thorne

« Reply #1065 on: February 22, 2019, 07:19:24 AM »
Yes she did go to. Longmedow school

townie

« Reply #1066 on: February 22, 2019, 08:15:20 AM »
Hi Jill I can only remember one girl that went to Byng Kenrick, her name was Sandra Barret she may have been one or 2 years older than you. She lived on top of the Shard End shops, Don't know if you remember her?   

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy