Author Topic: Shard End  (Read 316752 times)

townie

Re: Shard End
« Reply #1133 on: August 01, 2019, 10:51:35 PM »

Ed did you know that Bennie used to live in Shard End.

All the best townie.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Karen Williams

« Reply #1134 on: November 04, 2019, 06:22:57 PM »
I lived in Brownfield Road from 1960 to 1970.my name was Karen Holland and I had a Sister named Glenys. I went to Timberley Lane and then Longmeadow. I notice someone mentioned Kevin McGrath, from memory the family lived in Shard End Crescent, lovely family.

Shard end Sean

« Reply #1135 on: November 04, 2019, 11:32:32 PM »
Hi Karen , it probably was me who mentioned Kevin McGrath ,and yes they were and are a lovely family. Kevin and his brother Danny play golf at the same club as myself .  We have been been friends since we were in junior school and still meet up a few times a year for a get together ,we call ourselves the old Harlequins as that was the name of the pub we all used to meet up about 5 times a week 😂 we currently have about 25 lads on the email list , not that everybody turns up but it keeps us all in touch . Well I hope your well and enjoying life .

Regards

townie

« Reply #1136 on: November 05, 2019, 07:38:41 PM »
Hi Karen and welcome to the forum. Bit of a coincidence I knew a girl called Williams who had a brother called Glyn or Glen can't remember the girls first name but they lived in Brownfield Road not far from Timberley Lane.

Sean only 5 nights in the Harlequin bit of a lightweight LoL.   

All the best townie.

Karen Williams

« Reply #1137 on: November 05, 2019, 08:13:38 PM »
Lovely, I have been living in Australia for many years, returned a few months ago. I am in touch with quite a few girls I used to go to Longmeadow with, a lot of them live in Tamworth,we are hopefully having a get together before Christmas. My Cousin and I went for drive around Shard End a few weeks ago, stirred up a lot of happy memories. I am now living in Solihull.

townie

« Reply #1138 on: November 06, 2019, 09:11:37 PM »
Hi Karen what did you think of the changes to Shard End? No Alderlea no Longmeadow, only 2 pubs left standing. I'm surprised Timberley school is still standing my second school.

All the best townie.

townie

« Reply #1139 on: November 12, 2019, 11:07:21 AM »
Sean do you know if they hold once a month meetings at the community centre for old shard enders reminiscing about the old days. They might have held them at the library at one time but not to sure.

All the best townie.

davesd1

« Reply #1140 on: January 29, 2020, 12:14:34 PM »
I just wanted to post how sorry i was to hear about Townie passing earlier this month.He was very enthusiastic about Shard End,i noticed his first post was nearly seven years ago.I posted a few times on here and he would always reply.So,from one Shard Ender to another, RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1141 on: January 29, 2020, 01:03:26 PM »
dave some thing is wrong    his profile says he was on line yester day at just after 1700

this is what his profile says     

Local Time:
January 29, 2020, 12:59:05 PM
Last Active:
Yesterday at 05:19:12 PM
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

davesd1

« Reply #1142 on: January 29, 2020, 01:17:49 PM »
Hello Roy,I noticed this,purely to see when he last posted.I commented only after double checking from the other posts.Could it possibly be a relative who is accessing the site?
As i understand it, he passed away on 4th January. 

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #1143 on: January 30, 2020, 05:29:25 PM »
Davesd1,think it was his partner telling me he had passed away.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy