Author Topic: Anyone got any old pictures of stoney lane and eton road ?  (Read 5440 times)

Jabran123

Anyone got any old pictures of stoney lane and eton road ?
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:38:45 AM »
Anyone got any old pictures of stoney lane and eton road ?

frederick

Re: Anyone got any old pictures of stoney lane and eton road ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
jabran123,
Phil has the odd photo of Stone lane, I have some photos of Leamington rd looking towards Fulham rd. Did you go to Dennis rd school if so there are a few of us on here that went to that school.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:03:48 AM »
Hi Jabran, welcome to you. I have a few old photos of Stoney Lane, but I think they will still be recognisable. I think the one of the corner of Clifton Rd is great. Most of us around my age will remember it as W.H.Spiers's builder supply.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Gee Gee

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 01:46:51 PM »
Nice photos Phil they bring to mind so many memories. O0
Hello Jabran,and welcome to the forum,as Fredrick pointed out,I feel sure that you will find lots of old friends here from your School and the Clifton Road area.
Jabran,such a wonderful African name.
"People with this name tend to initiate events,to be leaders rather than followers,with powerful personalities.
They tend to be focusd on specific goals experience a wealth of creative ideas,and have tha ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination.
They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggresive.As unigue creative individuals,they tend to recent authority and are sometimes stubborn proud and impatient."
Just a little something that I happened to pick up when reading about
Jabran Said Bin Al Qahtani,that chap held in Guantanamo Bay.
As I say welcome to the Forum,I look forward to reading your many posts. O0

Jabran123

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 01:06:21 AM »
thanks for the photo phil, i just wanted to know the history the road i am currently living on, its well before my time because i was born before the 90s, I am  only 24 years old, i would like to see more picture of stoney lane from different angle when the photo was taken.

Jabran123

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 01:15:04 AM »
Nice photos Phil they bring to mind so many memories. O0
Hello Jabran,and welcome to the forum,as Fredrick pointed out,I feel sure that you will find lots of old friends here from your School and the Clifton Road area.
Jabran,such a wonderful African name.
"People with this name tend to initiate events,to be leaders rather than followers,with powerful personalities.
They tend to be focusd on specific goals experience a wealth of creative ideas,and have tha ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination.
They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggresive.As unigue creative individuals,they tend to recent authority and are sometimes stubborn proud and impatient."
Just a little something that I happened to pick up when reading about
Jabran Said Bin Al Qahtani,that chap held in Guantanamo Bay.
As I say welcome to the Forum,I look forward to reading your many posts. O0

im not african, i am pakistani (Muslim)

Jabran123

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 01:18:11 AM »
got a old photo of army place on stoney lane

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
Jabran

Sorry, although I remember it well. I don't have a photo of the old TA barracks on Stoney Lane. If you were only born in the 80's then you wouldn't remember Stoney Lane the way it was things have changed drastically on Stoney Lane since the times some of us older ones remember even the barracks have had a facelift.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

brum girl

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
Hi ,Does anyone remember 1 Stoney Lane,Birmingham as a bootmakers. I think the name above shop was Gould Bros but the Smyth family were the actual bootmakers.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 10:00:10 PM »
Hi Brum Girl

Welcome to the forum, I have a slight memory of the shop being there, and I seem to remember discussing it before somewhere. I don't remember if it was here or on another forum. Here is a photo that gives a glimpse of the shop next door to the outdoor that was on Stratford Rd.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

brum girl

Re: Where is This?
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 09:12:43 PM »
I have this photo & I think it's 1 Stoney Lane. Any help please? 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy