Author Topic: Mount Street  (Read 3117 times)

cazap

Mount Street
« on: February 27, 2013, 06:47:42 PM »
Please has anyone any really old photographs of mount street  and also of the factories in Bread Street

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Mount Street
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »
Hi Cazap

Welcome to the forum, try putting Mount St in to the search box at the top right of the page, you will be given a list of the posts and photos of Mount St on the forum.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cazap

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »
Hi Phil
Cant see any of Mount Street if any out there can help it would be you..although not a brummy I have spent many hours looking at the photo soites and it is just amazing.
I am doing  Project re the Thomas Walker family, of thr Buckle factory firstly in Brooke Street (any thing about that Phil)
and then in St Pauls Square and need help as I dont know any of these locations.
I have done loads of research before coming on line
cazap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 08:12:58 PM »
Hi cazap

I'll have a look and see what I can come up with, I know that Brook St leads up to St Paul's Square which was once a desirable place to live but it has changed over to commercial use in the last hundred years or so. Look in tomorrow night and I should have found out something for you.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 08:22:17 PM »
cazap

This is the best I can do for Mount Street, a couple of photos of the old Mill and Millpond that were in the Mount pleasant (Mount St) area. Also a couple of photos of the park that was put in place of the millpond known locally as Spion Cop park.
As I said before these photos are on the site somewhere as I'm sure thats where a couple of these photos come from.

As for St Paul's Square, I'm afraid I can't help at all with that, as I only have modern photos that can be picked up anywhere.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cazap

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:40:21 PM »
thanks for your help   I need some 'before ' type pics of the mount street back to backs for my project   when they were in better condition..for my project....I'll ahve to use another street as an example......
Looked on a map re Brook Street ans saw how it joined on the Thomas walker Factory probably did join up the new to the old
Thanks again
Cazap

Ann Edmonds Broughton

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 02:49:35 PM »
I lived on Austin Street as a child and Mount Street ran at the bottom of it.  My brother for a short time had the grocery shop on the corner of Mount Street and Aston Church Road, he soon packed it in when he realised most customers wanted goods on the 'tic' and didn't always pay up on time.  I remember there was a Paper Mill on Mount Street between Aston Church Road and Austin Street.
On Coronation Day in 1953, when I was 7, and the weather was too bad for a street party we had it in a canteen on Mount Street.   Can anyone remember this.
Ann Broughton nee Edmonds.    Is there anyone out there who remembers me?

wrecker

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »
I lived on Austin Street as a child and Mount Street ran at the bottom of it.  My brother for a short time had the grocery shop on the corner of Mount Street and Aston Church Road, he soon packed it in when he realised most customers wanted goods on the 'tic' and didn't always pay up on time.  I remember there was a Paper Mill on Mount Street between Aston Church Road and Austin Street.
On Coronation Day in 1953, when I was 7, and the weather was too bad for a street party we had it in a canteen on Mount Street.   Can anyone remember this.
Ann Broughton nee Edmonds.    Is there anyone out there who remembers me?
Hello Ann, I remember you we were in the same year at school (Elliot St ). My name is Hugh Ivey, I lived in Crompton rd near David Woodward who now lives in the usa we are still in touch

Ann Edmonds Broughton

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »
Hello Ann, I remember you we were in the same year at school (Elliot St ). My name is Hugh Ivey, I lived in Crompton rd near David Woodward who now lives in the usa we are still in touch

Hello Hugh, I remember you too.  Did you have blonde hair as a child? I remember David Woodward and I also know that he lives in the USA as John Chatham told me.  I was in touch with him for a time via Friends Reunited.  Do you remember my best friend in the seniors, Brenda Harris, I'm sorry to say that she died in 2007.  What are you doing probably retired like me and my husband. Best wishes.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy