Author Topic: What sxhool did you go to?  (Read 27991 times)

maltablue

Re: What sxhool did you go to?
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2006, 07:42:10 AM »
Sparkhill Commercial. 59-64.
Born and Bred in Sparkbrook.

John_Lerwill

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2006, 08:55:11 PM »
Billesley School all the way through to passing the 13+ (yes! there was such a thing!) and going to Bordesley Green Technical, which I left at the end of '59. The Tech didn't last for too many years after that with the coming of comprehensives. BGTS was also something of a waste of time, particularly as I soon got into legal work followed by computers from 1966.

However, it's always a pleasure to hear of anyone from BGTS - I've been in contact with very few for the last 30 years, although I had two cousins that also went there.
We are all ONE - despite appearances!

Ann Wales

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »
Anyone out there go to The Sacred Heart Aston please?? Ann

mybrumtv

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »
Yardley Junior and Infant school - brilliant place!!
good tecahing but pupils had equally as good freedom!

Then moved on to Cockshut Hill - the less said about that the better!  ;)
If your feet smell and your nose runs you were born upside down

john2000

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »
Mary St school, then on to Hope St school, they where so good they pulled them down after I left...... :o.J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

mybrumtv

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 01:07:15 PM »
john 2000....

...maybe they had to get rid of it because they knew they would never ever have another student quite like you and wanted to go out on a high??
If your feet smell and your nose runs you were born upside down

john2000

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »
True... but they have to admit I was bloody good. when I came over the the UK I only had 10 pounds in my pocket............but it was bloody good stuff.. :D..J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

tramp

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 12:09:25 AM »
Clifton Road, (Primary School) Infants & Junior.......fifteen minutes of marbles in the gutter on the way, with a good bombsite on the corner of St Paul's Rd, for messing about on the way home.  Going to that school gave me a lot of fun, showed me people and possibilities, and effectivlely gave a base of independendence that has just kept growing - I owe it a very great deal.  Since then I've been educated in UK, Africa, US and NZ.  That was only possible because of Clifton Rd.  It wasn't just what I learned in class, it was everything else that made the broad future reality.
10 years ago through brum press, I made contact with Mrs Philips 'our' teacher for the last 2 years there, and she's 20 years older than us, and will be 86 in April - I always phone her, and although she doesn't have good health, she's so cheerful.  O0

tracey

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »
first school i went to was st annes in nechells in 1967 but think it got burnt down (not sure) then went to vaxhall gardens in nechells, followed by duddeston mannor and stiockland green for a short time

oldgoose

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »
Hey Maltablue

I went to Hall Green Bi-lateral which was Sparkhill commercial and acocks green school put together, but Istarted the year you left.

Junior school was Gilbertstone Primary when it was just a shed

Jerry

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »
Well nobody's mentioned any of my schools so I suppose I'd better, since there were so many!
First the Holy Family in Small Heath, then The Rosary in Saltley, then Little Green Lane, where I passed the 11+, then Waverley Grammar, then, having been chucked out of there for playing truant all the time, I spent my last year at St. Michael's in Floodgate Street. Now that place really was an education!

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to go to school now. They reckon 60% of the kids leaving school can't read or write properly and the other 50% can't add up! 8)

Jerry
Always make sure you've got a comfortable bed and a comfortable pair of shoes because you're gonna spend most of your time in one or the other

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy